Support Group in the Langley, BC Area

elliebc
on 4/27/09 5:04 am - Aldergrove, Canada
Hi Everyone:

I'm new to the lapband lifestyle, I just had my surgery on the 23rd of April and am recovering nicely. However I would love to hook in with other women who have the surgery for support. Also am looking for good places to search for lap band diets and recipes. Anything you wish to post to help me on this journey would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Cheers,
Ellie
suzanneb
on 4/27/09 9:41 am - North Vancouver, Canada

Hi Ellie

I had the Roux-EN-Y bypass surgery done in February, there is another website you can go on
www.blazeonline.com/wls  and they have support groups posted.

Im in North Vancouver and go to the weight loss surgery support group on the NS but I know there are lapband support meetings as well.

Suzanne
Ruby_Trout
on 4/28/09 4:11 pm - Canada

Another great site is www.bb.wlsforum.net/ .  It is a very active site with lots of good information.  It, too, is based out of BC. 

Best of luck with your band.  Welcome to the losers bench! 

Ruby Trout 

ridge_redhead
on 5/8/09 7:08 pm - Canada

Aldergrove WLS Support Group meets the first Mondaya of each month at the Kinsmen Community Centre, 26770 - 29 Avenue, Aldergrove, BC, from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. Please contact Kelly at 604-857-9431 [email protected]; or Inga at 604-607-0004

ridge_redhead
on 5/8/09 7:12 pm - Canada

I just posted a link to an Aldergrove group.  Be sure to phone first, as I personally have no knowledge of whether or not they are still going.

You are also most welcome to join us for an informal support group meeting on Thursday, May 21st at the Starbucks at 8th and McBride in New Westminster.   7 pm.   There are 6 or 7 of us who meet for mutual support.  All types of surgeries.
Judy

Pattt
on 5/28/09 12:32 pm - Canada
Hi,
I'm having the lap band surgery tomorrow morning in Surrey.  I live in Vancouver but would love to meet with some others that have had the surgery.  I'm sure that support will be a huge part of the success of this new life style.  Lets keep in touch.
P

Lena S.
on 6/2/09 9:37 am - abbotsford bc, Canada
There is a support group that meets in Langley at the hospital on the first Saturday of the month (this Sat. in fact) at 9am in conference room 3.

There is also one that meets in Abbotsford the last monday of the month at 7pm (next is June 30th but may change as it is a long weekend) If you would like to attend this meeting please send me a message and I will give you more details.
Lena
Abbotsford BC

Lena S.
on 6/22/09 2:32 am - abbotsford bc, Canada
I really should check a calendar before I post.  The next Abbotsford meeting is on June 29th/
Lena
Abbotsford BC

Pattt
on 6/25/09 1:08 am - Canada
Thanks for the info.  How are you?  Have you had your surgery yet?  Who is doing (or has done it?  I had mine on May 29, but had complications and ended up back in the hospital for 2.5 weeks.  I'm at home but really weak.  Would love to talk.
P
surreygirl
on 9/5/09 10:54 am - surrey, Canada
For the lap-band ladies that posted, I hope you are both doing well. I live in Surrey but had my lap-band surgery in Mexico in December. I've lost over 70 pounds since then. I try to get to the North Van meeting at Lions Gate Hospital (specifically for lap-band patients) once a month but would love to start something closer to home.  Would that interest you? I don't get on this site much because I find it hard to navigate, but you can email me by clicking on my username and I think I'll get those messages right away.
Sabrina:)
Most Active