Puget Sound Surgical

lorrieann
on 5/22/09 1:37 am - Canada
can I ask you how much they are charging for procedures?  I'm interested in gastric bypass and not the LapBand.
linxey
on 5/23/09 4:31 am - Vancouver, Canada
The gastric sleeve is 20,000 and the bypass is 27000...it includes up to 2 years of appts with the nutritionist and the physical therapist.  The sleeve is done in the surgical clinic and you stay overnight in the hotel across the street (covered in your cost)  the bypass is done in the hospital. I don't know yet how many nights you are in the hospital.  I am seeing the surgeon in a couple of weeks and will find out a bit more.

Feel free to contact me with any other questions.
Take care
Carole
ridge_redhead
on 5/23/09 3:46 pm - Canada
Nope, no physical therapist.  Follow up visits are with the surgeon and the nutritionist, who is very exercise-aware. 
linxey
on 5/24/09 4:21 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Thanks for telling me that.  I will check it out as I was told that in my "info" session.

Hope you are doing well, as I am sure you are!!

Carole
ridge_redhead
on 5/24/09 11:42 pm - Canada
Yes, thanks, Carole.  I'm going great, and no regrets.  Down well over 100 lbs. in 6 months, and so much more active. Life is good.
Drs. Landerholm and Billings are terrific. 
Puget Sound was a great choice for me - so much easier to drive to Bellingham, than go to Victoria. AND no wait list.  AND far more experience with the sleeve, which is what I choose in the end.  AND great follow-up care.
If you do end up being self-pay, make sure you get receipts for everything and save them all.
You should be able to claim on your Income Tax.
Which surgery are you thinking of having?  Do you know when? 
Good luck with your research and your decision. 
Let me know if you would like to speak on the telephone sometime, and I will PM you my number.
Judy

Most Active