Seen Dr Rusnak Yesterday

Chattycat50
on 3/26/09 4:10 am - Fanny Bay Vancouver Island BC, Canada
I went to see Dr Rusnik today and he was 1 1/2 hours behind, I just sat down and filled out the form and gave it to the nurse and Kara his nurse came out and said sorry every one he has been called to surgery and has to leave and we will re book all of you as soon as we can, people had been there amost 2 hours, I felt so bad for them, so we started to leave and she called my name and said he would see me as I had come so far, and toke me right in , I could not believe it, we talked breifly and when I told him Dr Miller sent me, he said he trusted him and I was in and for the main surgery not the lapband , and gave me the name of the the food lady to see and book to see him the same day as then I would not have to make two trips, he was very nice and said because I take insulin it will be a great thing for me ....Yahoo . Kara said in a perfect world it would be fall for surgery, he liked that I had all my test with me. he did not look at them, no time , but I'm happy with the day ... I have been working really hard to keep my blood sugar down and my food to just what I need as I want to do this right and do my part starting now .
I'm amazed and a little shocky still and very tired, I love my puppy but 2am peeing is getting me wore out, she is so good tho. Cathy
CathyB
http://cathy-todayinanutshell.blogspot.com/

petite_jolie
on 3/27/09 4:18 pm - Canada
I am so excited for you! I just got on the weight list for Dr. R. They said it will be June until my consultation. Then a year or more after that for the surgery. How are they fitting you in for fall? I also take insulin and would love a needle free day! I'm from winnipeg so maybe the wait will be longer. Again, I very excited for you. I know how excited I am and I haven't even had my consult! Does it real real yet?
Chattycat50
on 3/28/09 12:44 am - Fanny Bay Vancouver Island BC, Canada
I'm not sure but I think you can take the time they give you with a grain of salt, I don't think they really know for sure, you could be sooner and I could be later, kara can say anything she wants but things happen and who knows for sure , I'm very happy to be in the on the list. some one said that it is about 4 month after you see hime for surgery, but its all hear say till it happens , hang in there
CathyB
http://cathy-todayinanutshell.blogspot.com/

petite_jolie
on 3/30/09 12:26 pm - Canada
I hope it's sooner rather then later for both of us. Keep us informed.
bbwvixen
on 4/4/09 12:53 am - Surrey, Canada
I seen him in November, and will see the rest of his team at the end of this month. So Kara said my surgery should be around August. (They slow down during the summer)
I'm so excited that this should be my last *fat summer* lol

Good luck with your journey!
petite_jolie
on 4/4/09 4:03 pm - Canada
I am so happy for you!!! I laughed when you mentioned your last fat summer. I was just thinking about my fat summer coming up! 2 more fat summers for me to go.  Keep us updated as you continue your journey. WTG!!!!
suzanneb
on 4/4/09 6:36 am - North Vancouver, Canada

Im not sure if there is a cancellation list , but you can ask Dr. Rusnak's assistant, that way if anyone cancels their surgery date, then any one of you could ask to be put on the list to be called, granted that you could get the time off work quickly, and get to Victoria quickly.

Not sure if he has a cancellation list or not but I believe I heard someone several months ago saying they were offered an earlier surgery date because someone had to cancel for surgrey.

Ive already had my surgery with Dr. Rusnak and I believe he's a fantastic surgeon, had my surgery 8 weeks ago, and Im already down 57 lbs in 8 weeks, had the Roux-EN-Y.

Suzanne
Most Active