40 days till surgery

Lisa M.
on 3/25/09 5:18 am - Surrey BC, Canada
Today is exactly 40 days until surgery (I know I haven't posted on here in a really really long time...since before I was given a date)
There's just so much going on with me that I just KNOW April will be a really emotional month for me.
My best friend's wedding is mid-April and I get to be the fat bridesmaid just 2 weeks before my surgery so that will be hard for me.  Lucky me, I will have "nice" professional photos of me at my highest weight and my friend will have these photos forever as her wedding day memories.  Ugh, why can't I do re-takes :P

Anyways, I have moved into my grandmother's place with my husband for now since Surgery is May 5 (with Dr. Rusnak) and my husband starts at BCIT on the 4th, so neither of us will be working in May.  We'll move back into a place of our own once I have fully recovered and back at work doing my regular hours.  I worry about how long it will take me to settle into the new lifestyle of Post-Op, how much it will "interfere" with my regular everyday stuff.  

I dunno...its so close, yet seeming to take forever with my packed schedule because of the wedding and everything that has to get done beforehand, etc.  Makes me wish I knew about Dr R back almost 2 years ago when I got my referral for my initial consultation for Dr Amson (still wouldn't have my first consult until August this year with him....) then this would all be done, and I wouldn't have these poor feelings for my best friends wedding, which I am supposed to enjoy....not feel miserable about!
carrie.c
on 3/25/09 7:19 am - Canada
First, congrats on your surgery date!! YAY YOU!!! :)

Secondly. I know this is going to sound strange and maybe you won't think of it as a good thing right now at your heaviest where you are at this exact second but those pictures in your friends wedding..you will appreciate those pictures once you are at goal!!! I know you might think it will mess up your friends professional pictures but it won't! She loves you and accepts you as just you and she will appreciate them :) And when she looks back and sees how far you have come she will be proud :)

Hang in there, I know April/May will be a crazy time for you but life will get back to normal and you will adjust to your new lifestyle just fine!

Carrie :)
(deactivated member)
on 3/25/09 7:28 am - langley, Canada
good luck on your surg, you'll breeze rite thru it, and those lbs will start falling off before you know it!!
findingmyself
on 3/25/09 3:28 pm - P.G., Canada
Congratulationson your surgery date you will do great. I know exactly how you feel. I have my first consult with Dr Rusnak April 22 and just was the fat bridesmaid at my friends wedding in Feb, down in Mexico I almost said no because I did not want to wreck her pictures. Then I thought I did not want to hurt her and I did not want to miss out either we have been friends for 24 years. Some things are just more important then my comfort zone. Have to be honest do not like the pictures but love and treasure the memories. Again good luck and keep us informed. How long was your first appointment till your surgery? And how do you find Dr Rusnak?
Lisa M.
on 3/26/09 12:47 am - Surrey BC, Canada
I was waiting for Dr A for a year - as I mentioned, my first consult with him wouldnt even be till this Aug, so I will have gone through the entire process with Dr R before I would have even met Dr A.
After I waited a year since my referral, I got kinda antsy and came back online to see if there was any other info I could find for other options, or something to speed things up a little.
I think it was trkdrivinfool on here actually who let me know about Dr R initially, so I went back for a referral to him right away.

My first consultation was Nov 19
Went locally for my pulmonary function and overnight oximetry Mid-December.
Called the office in Jan to see that they got my results and my dr didnt fax them, so I got those sent over.
Shortly afterwards I was given an appointment date to meet with the nutritionist and Dr MacDonald on Feb 2.  Dr MacD sent me for blood tests, chest xray, and ecg that day.
I think it was Feb 5 that I was called and given my surgery date for May 5.
I go back once more at the end of april to meet with the anesthesiologist.
jackie.pierre
on 3/29/09 6:56 am - Vancouver, Canada
are you getting a lap band or having a gastric bypass?  i am in the midst of deciding between the 2....Help!!!
suzanneb
on 3/25/09 10:31 pm - North Vancouver, Canada

Congratulations on your surgery date, 40 days will go by fast.  I just had my surgery February 3rd with Dr. Rusnak and cant believe this coming Tuesday wll be 8 weeks.  Time goes by quickly, and once the surgery is done and you start to lose the weight you will feel fantastic. It takes a while to get into the routine of things, so be gentle with yourself,  its an emotional time having surgery and adjusting to things but well worth it.

Im at 8 weeks and have lost 54 lbs which I think is great.

Congratulaitons on your surgery date, you are in fantastic care with Dr. Rusnak

Suzanne
Most Active