Dr. Tang - Newbie Questions

elainela
on 3/22/09 5:23 am - 70 Mile House, Canada
I have my first appt. with Dr. Tang on Thursday. Anyone out there who has their surgery done by him.  Any comments or info about him (waiting times, etc.) would be appreciated.

Thanks
Lani
elainela
on 4/7/09 3:12 am - 70 Mile House, Canada
I've seen how supportive many members of this forum are, so I was a  little surprised and disappointed that no one even responded to my post. For anyone interested, I had my appt. with Dr. Tang and it went very well. He took me in 5 minutes before my scheduled time and was very courteous and supportive and certainly did not tell me to stay away from forums like this one. I have had all the tests except the scope, which is scheduled for May 14.

Lani
canadagirl33
on 4/8/09 6:57 am - Canada

I just joined today and am still trying to figure out how to navigate this site..
Glad to hear your appt with him went well....there is a woman in our monthly support group who had her lapband done with Dr. Tang and was pleased with how everything went.
I don't see why he would tell you to stay away from sites like this, for alot of people it's places like this that they get the support they need and info to make informed decisions.  Before my surgery I read some of the Yahoo groups and learned a ~ton~ from the info people shared.
Keep us posted with how things progress for you !!!

All the best,
Patricia

sammybak
on 4/29/09 1:35 pm - Burnaby, Canada
I have my first Appointment w/ Dr Tang tomoorow (april 30) and wil see how it goes. I'm looking forward to the start of my journey
Most Active