CHBC tv News tonight

Connib
on 1/15/09 2:51 am - Vernon , Canada
Hi, I did a segment on how hard it is to get WLS sugery in BC and my personal story. It will be on CHBC tv tonight at 5 & 6. Maybe this will help out those who are waiting. Kinda nerve wrecking but hubby did good filling in the gaps when I got tongue tied.
sharonspence
on 1/15/09 6:51 am - Canada
Hi Everyone

I hope to catch you on the news tonight. One year
ago today I had gastric btpass surgery. I was able to
get BC medical to pay for out of country.
Dr Hunter in Seattle was wonderful. I`m proud to
announce as of today I have lost 100 pounds.
I feel great , I`m so happy, I living for the first time
in 30 years. WOW !. Tonight I will have steak for dinner
not much but it will be good steak. Take care everyone

Sharon
Connib
on 1/15/09 7:15 am - Vernon , Canada
Awesome, for you. You must be so very proud. Way to go!!
I am on my 3rd request ro BC Medical, my problem is they have an agreement with Dr. Hunter, and he does not do revisions open and that is what I need. So If I can get them to pay I will have to find a Dr. that can do my surgery.
Enjoy your steak,
Barb S.
on 1/16/09 12:34 pm - New Westminster, BC, Canada
Try the other surgeons at Virginia Mason. I had Dr lilly Chang, I don't know if she does revisions but she is amazing. I know Dr Moonka does open's, I know someone who had tons of previous bowl surgeries and he did her surgery. She was quite happy with Dr Moonka.  BC Med has a contract agreement with the hospital, not just the individual surgeon.

Good Luck.
Barb
Post OP, RNY, Virginia Mason
June 17, 2008
SW 335
CW - June 17, 2009  193
GW  160        
Laurel T.
on 1/27/09 1:30 am - Osoyoos, Canada
VSG on 10/22/07 with
I saw that segment!  You did  very well!  I know how frustrating it is to wait.  I finally went and had my VSG done in Mexico and then declared it on my income tax.  They queried it and I had to send them all the documentation, but I was allowed to use it as a deduction.  Mind you, I did have to pay for it up front, but we managed somehow.  It has been worth every penny!
Laurel
Laurel
It's never too late to live happily ever after!!
      HW/SW/CW/GW
     240/222/180/145
Most Active