1St Appt with Dr. Amson

Connib
on 12/4/08 11:25 am - Vernon , Canada
Hi All
I have my first appointment with Dr. Amson Next week and I want to make sure I am well prepared. Any suggestions of what I should take with me would be appreciated.
Thank you
suzanneb
on 12/4/08 1:14 pm - North Vancouver, Canada

Any pre-op tests you may have had if you have the results take a copy for him.  Also if you have been keeping an eating journal and exercise journal that would be good.

Keep copies of everything when you get tests, see if you can also get a copy and keep a file for yourself just in case Dr. A doesnt have a copy.

Take a book sometimes takes a while to see him.  Very busy man.

Have you read Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies yet, good thing to read.

Anything you have done to get ready for surgery write it down and give him a copy and keep a copy for your surgery file for yourself.  Weight loss things you have tried in the past, maybe write out so he knows what you have done to try and lose weight.

If you are from out of town, and not from the island make sure you tell his staff if you need to catch the ferry home to get back to the ferry on time.

I know in the past he has asked people to write a "Why" letter on why they want the surgery.

Write your questions down so you are prepared.

Suzanne

Connib
on 12/5/08 4:54 am - Vernon , Canada
Thanks, looks like I have all of the above. I just wanted to make sure. Any added advice is always a huge help.
Most Active