sorry I have been missing in action lately

Sim W.
on 11/24/08 12:15 pm, edited 11/24/08 12:25 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Hi everyone,

My name is Sim White. Many of you will probably remember me posting before on Dr. Amson's board before. I have been having some personal problems for the past few months so I have not been posting lately but I am trying to get back to posting more often.

I am now down to my goal weight and am feeling terrific physically. The other night my friend took me out for dinner and took a picture of me on her camera and I have to say it scared me a little as I am looking very drawn and starting to look too thin.   :-\

I see my doctor on Friday to discuss my weight as I keep losing 2-3 pounds a week and have lost 35 pounds since I came back from my trip to Turkey in mid August. I know it is due to the stress right now from my life but I am now getting very conscious of the fact that even though I am eating I still keep losing. I am also on high blood pressure pills and something to relax as I am going through some a really serious and personal life crisis.

I am now worried that I will not stop losing at some point.  I know everyone is different in the weight loss and there are factors that can affect the results but now I am worried that I am going the other way. I can't imagine that will happen as I have been obese for 36 years since I was around 10 years old? If I did not have the WLS I would probably be 400 pounds by now as i used to eat for comfort. NowI can't do that anymore when I eat too much which is so much less than I used to eat I become very uncomfortable and feel sick to my stomach. I know that having the RNY was the best thing I could have done for me!!

I am happy to be back on here again, although I don't think I will be able to post as much as I used too these days I will try and post when I can and be there for support for all of you as I used to do.

By the way the picture of me on here is not current. I still do not have a digital camera yet. I will buy one and take some pictures of me that are current as the last pictures I took on my trip were 35 pounds more and boy can you really see the difference.

Take care, Sim

RNY June 26, 2007
Seattle, WA- Dr. Hunter-Virginia Mason Hospital
HW 323 lbs
SW 313 lbs
CW 135 lbs
GW-passed it now!

bbwvixen
on 11/25/08 9:58 am - Surrey, Canada
I'm glad you've posted Sim, I was wondering how your doing!

*hugs*
Barb S.
on 11/26/08 2:13 pm - New Westminster, BC, Canada
Hi Sim
I am sure I am not alone in saying or feeling that it is good to see you back. You are amazing! I know you have shared some of your personal challenges over the past months and it is so amazing to see you continue to offer your support to so many people. With all you have and continue to go through it is such a positive thing to see you reaching out to others who you know need your support. That is very courageous of you!

Although I am not at your stage yet, (surgery June 200) I can only imagine getting to goal and continuing to lose weight. I am sure it is scary.  Hang in there and remember that like they tell you on an airline...take care of yourself first...then look after others. The meaning in that practice is that if you don't take care of yourself then you won't be around to take care of others.

Remember all the rules.  Protien first!  Lots of protien. and perhaps try to find some higher caloric items that fall into our allowed diets.  You are very resourceful I know you will do well.

Take care.
If you ever need to talk feel free to drop me a line.

Barb
Most Active