My Doctor just doesn't seem to get it!

hardly_home
on 10/15/08 6:23 pm - maple ridge, Canada
I'm having a very hard time with my GP, I'm not getting any support from her or her receptionist at all..There are times when I need forms faxed to different doctors, they say they have done it, and then I find out it was never done at all! When I talk with my doctor about this all i get is "oh well we did send it ot faxed it, don't understand why they never got it" It like she doesn't even hear me when i'm talking with her.. This is my 3rd doctor since I started my WLS process, it's so damn frustrating. It's hard enough with all that you have to go through with different doctors and all the testing and everything, I really need someone who is going to be supportive! And you know that good doctors Or any doc are hard to find here in BC because there is such a shortest..I really don't know where to turn next, I have an appointment tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward to it. But I have things that need to get done and by God if I have to I'll do it myself. I guess if i have to, I'm a nurse and if i have to pull some rank with the ER doc then thats what i will have to do! Sorry I just needed to rant a little... big hugz to you all.. kelly P.S. I'll let you know if I get thrown out the doc office tomorrow..lol
bear25
on 10/16/08 3:21 am - chilliwack, Canada
Hi there i was told to get copies of all my tests myself and then if someone said they didn't receive something i either handed them a copy or faxed it myself. Saves yourself a lot of hassle.
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/08 3:27 am - North Vancouver, Canada
Well, I sure hear you on this.  And I admire everyone's patience who do jump through all the hoops required.  When my doc told me it would take 5-7 years to get WLS, I wanted to die.  In 5-7 years I could be dead, I had a BMI of 51 and I was 50 yrs old.  A month later I was in Mexico and I don't regret having this extra debt to pay off.  I know its not an option for some, but I'm grateful that it was for me.
I'm rooting for you, I really am!  Don't let those doctors push you around!

Tinkerbell123
on 10/19/08 2:39 pm, edited 10/19/08 2:40 pm - Canada
Yip I did the same, went to my Doctor (he is awesome by the way) and asked for photocopies of all the tests that were done.  When I went in for my pre-op I had all the copies in a little envelope and gave it to them at pre-op.  Good thing too, because they (Royal Jubilee) never received the fax for the breathing tests I had to do at the hospital.  So rather go to your dr, ask for a copy and then you have it just in case, and I hope things went well with your appointment.  I know it can be really frustrating.
Hang in there!
Alyson T.
on 10/20/08 3:03 pm - Nanoose Bay, Canada
I went to Dr. Tang in Victoria on July 29th, 2008. I was told I would be banded in the early fall. Well, it is now Oct 20th and I never got a call back but.....

I am now BANDED as of Aug 25th and what a WONDERFUL process in Mexico. If you can afford it...do it!

If I would have waited for BC, Alberta or any other province, I would still be gaining weight!

The Island Geterdone and get it lost girl.

hardly_home
on 10/25/08 2:10 pm, edited 10/25/08 2:11 pm - maple ridge, Canada
Hi all and thanks for all your replies, I can sure use all the information I can get.
And I truly appreciate them all..I have had a few more pre-op test done and I have asked that copies of my results be sent to me as well, I just needed to sign a form and  that was all... So simple, But so hard to get that information from my own GP..Thank you to whom ever told me to do that..
I have my appointment with doctor M on Nov3rd to sign my OFC form..I'm excited about that..
I will let you all know how that goes..
I'm moving forward everyday now with determination that I will find a surgeon that will do the WLS soon..
Again thank you all for your understanding and kindness..It makes all the difference..
Kelly

Most Active