over night oxemitry test

hardly_home
on 10/7/08 4:13 pm - maple ridge, Canada
Hey all, It's been a while since I have posted on here. Just really been busy with work and trying ti get some of my test done a head of time, so when I get a call I hope that i would be mostly ready. Only one thing though the night oxemitry testdoctor is telling me that it is going to take almost a year. I have already seen doctor Tang, as well as doc M, for my OFC forms. I'm still looking at doctor Hunter as doing my surgery. What I was wondering is if anyone know where I could have the over night oxemitry test done.I don't care about the travel or anything like that. If anyone has and info that would be great. thank you and kind regards Kelly
Sim W.
on 10/7/08 11:35 pm - Vancouver, Canada

Dear Kelly, ask them to put you on the cancellation list. I went in for 2 tests at UBC hospital and they called me twice with a cancellation so I was able to get in much sooner. Make sure to give them  a cell number where they can reach you since they will call and you will only have a few hours to get there. Many people come from out of town and can not make their appt sometimes, especially now that the weather is getting colder and wetter and people have to commute.

Also check with your doctor to put your name on a few places that do the oximetry tests so you have a few options and are not waiting for one place. UBC told me it would be 6-8 months but I got in about 2 months due to cancellations. Be proactive and let the place know you would come in a moments notice. The same thing happened to me at VGH when I went for the ultrasound for my heart, they had a cancellation and I got in first thing at 7 am with less than a days notice but it sure beat waiting for my schedules appt that was months away.

Good luck and please keep us posted

Sim

bbwvixen
on 10/10/08 12:43 pm - Surrey, Canada
Are you talking about the little pack you take home and hook up to your finger?
I got mine through Surrey Memorial and it only took about six weeks of waiting.

Just waiting to get the results back.
hardly_home
on 10/10/08 6:19 pm - maple ridge, Canada
Hi Sims, and byw you look amazing..wow!
Anyway my doctor told me that UBC won't take me because i live in Maple Ridge, she said that I was out of  the boundries of UBC..I'm not sure if i believe that or not, I'm not getting a lot of support from her. You know that you need to have a good support system because there is so much you have to do to get this process in order..I guess I will have to keep trying to find a place to have it done.
Thank you for writing back.
Kind Regards
suzanneb
on 10/12/08 8:48 am - North Vancouver, Canada
If its the overnight oximetry test that you take home, your local hospital can do this, your doc needs to send the referral to the respiratory department at the hospital.

If its the sleep overnight test at a sleep lab I believe there are private ones but you have to pay.

I think my doc said Sleep Solutions google it and see what you come up with.

Suzanne
Most Active