Help finding certain foods

bbwvixen
on 9/23/08 12:34 pm - Surrey, Canada
I bought the Hungry Girl Cookbook which I totally love!!
But I'm having problems finding a few of the foods and hope you can
help me :)

Bocca Meatleass burgers

Diet Hot Coca (chololate) 45 calories/pack, I found lite @ Superstore but it's 100 calories!

Reduced fat penut butter

Sugar free syrups

I live in Surrey and my main shopping is done at the Superstore or Safeway
(deactivated member)
on 9/23/08 10:52 pm - Victoria, Canada
Hi there.  Do the best you can with what you've got.  Look for any meatless burgers.  My favorite is Schneider's Meatless Burger.  Yummy.
Use Light peanut butter.

s/f syrups can be ordered online from this store in Ontario http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=132 _33_192
or maybe go into a Starbucks store near you and ask where they get their syrups

And I'm thinking the hot chocolate you might be able to make yourself.  I thought I saw a recipe recently on one of the boards-maybe Dr Amson's site for hot chocolate.

Thanks for mentioning the cookbook.  I did not know about  that one and will go read about it on Amazon.

Take Care

Janice
Sim W.
on 9/24/08 11:51 pm - Vancouver, Canada
I drove down to Bellingham to buy some items. For example, Carnation Instant chocolate which is sugar free, sugar free chocolate syrup, sugar free jams, sugar free syrups, the list goes on and on..lots of things that we do not have here.

Email me if you want me to tell you more

Take care, Sim

Lisa M.
on 9/26/08 11:37 am - Surrey BC, Canada
You *might* be able to find bocca burgers at Costco...I keep meaning to get a new membership there!

What I've gotten from safeway before are the money's mushroom burgers which are pretty much the same thing as the bocca ones.  Safeway has that meat alternatives food section usually right near the produce, they might have the bocca brand there.  The Moneys patties I found in the frozen foods aisle.

Costco has some portabella mushroom meatless patties which I've gotten before.  They have a stronger taste, and are good with some BBQ sauce on em.

I havent really looked for hot chocolate before...I wonder though, if you can make chocolate protein powder hot chocolate style?
I saw some sugar free/low carb/cholesterol free protein powder at Reflex at Guildford today

There's a health food store beside Pet Food N More in Newton (my mom knows one of the ladies there) it might be a good place to check for the more specialty stuff like perhaps SF syrup / peanut butter?

carrie.c
on 9/30/08 9:23 am - Canada
Yeah, I was going to suggest Bellingham too...I have gotten the Bocca meatless stuff at Fred Meyers grocery store and at Albertsons. I found Walmart in Bellingham didn;t have a great selection but the super walmart did down in Marysville!
Sim W.
on 9/30/08 3:20 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Here are the items and prices along with the nutritional content of what I bought while in Seattle. The Superstore Walmart is 5 minutes from the Seattle Prime Factory outlets in Tulalip. The prices and selection were amazing.

Maple Grove Farms butter or maple flavor syrup- 1/4 cup- calories 35, total fat 0 g, sugars o g, sorbitol 11 g- $1.92- size 24 oz- 710 ml

Kraft light original barbeque sauce- 2 tblsps 20 calories, fat 0 g, sugars 3 g- $1.22- 16.26 oz- 460 g

Heinz one carb reduced sugar tomato ketchup- 1 tblsp- 5 calories, fat 0 g, sugar 1 g-$1.94- 14 oz- 397 g

Great value sugar free chocolate flavoured syrup made with splenda- 2 tbslp- 25 calories, fat 0 g, sugar 0 g, sorbitol 2 g- $1.44- 18. 5 oz- 524 g

Smuckers sugar free jams- apricot preserves, red raspberry, blackberry jam, orange marmalade- seedless 80% fewer calories- 1 tbslp 10 calories, fat 0 g, sugar 0 g, sweetened with splenda- $ 2.56- 12.75 oz-361 g

Hormel real bacon pieces- 50% less fat- 1 tbsp 25 calories, fat 1.5 g- $1.66- 2.8 oz- 79 g

Wilderness no sugar added pie filling or topping- sweetened with splenda-Apple 1/2 cup- 35 calories, total fat 0 g, sugar 3g, 20 oz- 567 g- $ 1.58
Also comes in Cherry- same nutritonal content

Campbells new flavor- broccoli and cheese- 98% fat free soup- 10.34 oz- 305 g- 1/2 cup 70 calories, total fat 1.5 g, sugar 2, g-1.34

Biotin 1000 mcg-Spring Valley- 150 tablets- very small size- $2.94

B-12 500 mcg microdots- 240 tablets, made by Rexall- $3.96

Value Pack protein bars- chewy chocolate chip-6 bars in a box- 1 bar- 50 g- 200 calories for the whole bar- total fat 5 g, sugar 3 g, sugar alcohol 7 g, protien 20 g- $ 5.97
chocolate deluxe- 180 calories, 4.5 fat, suagr 2 g, sugar alcohol 4 g, protein 20 g- same price
smores- 180 calories total fat 5 g, sugars 2 g, sugar alcohol 12g, protien 19 g-same price

Unsweetened Nestea 100% tea mix- 3 oz- 85 g makes 30 quarts, 2 tsp- calories 0, fat and sugar 0 g,

murray cookies- fudge dipped wafers- sugar free- sugar alcohol 9 g for 4 cookies, total fat 10 grams, 140 calories for 4- made with splenda- 5.5 oz0 155 g
comes in a variety of flavors- like lemon, vanilla, shortbread, sugar alcohol vary from 4- 9 grams all made with splenda. $ 2.23 each

These were all purchased at the Superstore Walmart.

It is important to note that these products are not a substitute for your protein and should not be eaten regularly but are just there for when you want to add a little flavor, taste or you just want something for a treat occasionally.

Also look into the Davinci sugar free syrups- they come in many flavors.

Have fun shopping.

Sim

bbwvixen
on 10/1/08 6:29 am - Surrey, Canada
Thanks Sim,

I had to go to Sumas the other day so picked a few things up, but will be doing a more intense shopping when we go to Seattle at the end of the month.
Most Active