first visit dr tang

cherrypop
on 9/20/08 4:18 pm, edited 9/29/08 1:44 pm - Canada
Hi Everyone Smiley
I have my first visit with both of these surgeans next week....I have tons of questions for them and will be asking about the wait list for surg aswell.....
I'm seeing them both for different types of surg though....
If there's any question you have that I might be able to ask them please let me know....
I'll post on here what they tell me thus far...
One question I'd like to ask is... Is  it common to see them more than once if you have all your tests done including a scope? Huh
I'll be flying from the  East and thinking of how many times I have to do it 
thankyou for any help you may have
Cherri

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/08 11:40 am - Victoria, Canada
Hi Cherri,  How very exciting to be seeing both of them NEXT WEEK.    I was referred to Dr. Tang in Dec of 07..saw him for the first time in January 08, then again in April,June and August then had my surgery in mid-Aug.   I had my scope in mid Feb(got called in based on a cancellation) and had to take a few months worth of Pantoloc then go in and see him again (April visit) and that's when I told him I did not want the RNY, that I wanted the Sleeve so he had to take some time to consult with Dr. Amson which leads to my 3rd visit in June and that is when I found out I needed to redo a few tests and also had to do a Catscan of my innards and that is also when he told me he could do me on Aug 18th IF I could get the tests done. And thank God I did get them done and I went to see him in early August just to make sure all was well and to determine what I needed to do for the actual surgery day. 

I don't think there is any set method - I think it's a case by case decision made by the individual surgeon.

Pls read my profile to see how things happened for me.  I don't think this is a situation where you can be prepared for everything they want/need.  You might want to consider going there with the idea of telling them what you've done already and finding out what they need and then doing whatever your part is to help them. 

I look forward to hearing how things go.  Keep the faith

Janice
cherrypop
on 9/21/08 12:30 pm, edited 9/21/08 12:30 pm - Canada

thanks Janice you have gone of your way to be so helpful to me!
You are so right.........I guess once I see them will I know how many times I will need to fly out....
I know  there are some  tests that have to be done while waiting till that big day till it comes...and I'm sure each case is differnt too....

hugs Janice and I wish you all the BEST in your journey to heath and happiness
I did post on the other site too:)
Cherri

cherrypop
on 9/28/08 8:04 am, edited 9/28/08 10:59 am - Canada
Most Active