Waiting times

bbwvixen
on 9/20/08 4:25 am - Surrey, Canada
I'm confusted because even though Dr Tsang has started doing gastric bypass surgeries also, I've heard he's sharting the OR time with Dr Amson so his wait times won't be that much shorter.
So then why is Dr. Rusak's times only suppose to be six months????
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/08 6:17 am - langley, Canada
Because they are bsing you,all i know that i saw dr rusnak on june 15, and my surgery date is oct 14 inbetween i saw dr miller,dr paul,anethsoligist on the samedate, had my pulmanary function test done last week, and blood tests same day. ready to go  call dr. rusnak for the last time, you won't go wrong
suzanneb
on 9/20/08 9:07 am - North Vancouver, Canada

Here is the reason why, go on the website under health care for bc and you will see the median wait times.  I got this information today off of there for you, and its as of July 31/2008

Amson has 636 patients waiting for surgery, now this could be other surgeries as well as gastric bypass surgery his wait time for surgery in weeks is 97.7 weeks

Tang 101 patients  6.6 wait time for surgery

Rusnak  has 58 patients   his wait time for surgery in weeks is 14.6

Thats why.

My understanding was Dr. Rusnak was going to retire last year then decided not to.  Now thats not to say he may change his mind and retire I then dont know what would happen to his patients, would they have to wait behind Dr. A's even longer not sure.

I hope this has somehow helped.

I personally switched from Dr. A to Dr. R and will see him within a few weeks from now.

I dont know what my health will be like in 2-5 years when surgery comes and I need the surgery sooner.

Im also on the other website if you want to email me, Im under Suzanne

Thanks
Suzanne   NV
bbwvixen
on 9/20/08 1:12 pm - Surrey, Canada
Thank Suzanne, I didn't even know about that site.
I'm not putting all of my eggs in one basket, that's for sure!!!!!

I did that with Dr Cleator many moons ago and got royall screwed!!!

isabrown
on 10/24/08 11:50 am - Dawson creek, Canada
I'm just learning about the process.  Can you have the surgery done quicker if you need to lose weight before you can have another surgery?  I have a large incisional hernia that needs to be fixed but cannot be done until significant weightloss?

thanks

ISA
Lisa M.
on 9/26/08 12:07 pm - Surrey BC, Canada
I didnt know about the site either, but I found it...its interesting

http://www.swl.hlth.gov.bc.ca/swl/swl_db/swl.WaitlistPkg.GetWaitListBySurgSpecNLF?IHospital=202&IEvent=GS
Most Active