Get financial help with the ferries or flights!!!

bbwvixen
on 8/27/08 2:58 pm - Surrey, Canada
Thank you so much to Carr 2fat42long on Dr. Amson's site who told me about this wonderful link www.healthservices.gov.bc.ca/msp/mtapp/tap_patient.html
This program pays for the ferry trip or give you I think it's 30% off flights and also dicounts on hotels!
You need to call Dr Amson (or whichever doctor your seeing) to send out the TAP form about two weeks prior!
Tinkerbell123
on 10/15/08 5:40 am, edited 10/15/08 5:40 am - Canada

A suggestion, maybe more than two weeks for the tap forms.  I called Dr A's office a month in advance and still did not receive them.  I had to pay for my ferry over (which will NOT be reimbursed) go to Dr A's office and ask the receptionist for new forms to get back home and get me over for my surgery on the 17th again.

I was NOT impressed
StephanieEllen
on 2/16/10 3:35 pm - Smalltown, Canada
 Can I pick these up from my GP's office? I'm in the interior.
suzanneb
on 2/17/10 1:27 pm - North Vancouver, Canada
Stephanie

If you have an appointment with one of these bariatric surgeons in Victoria, call their office, and ask for a TAP travel assistance program form to be sent to you, well ahead of your trip to the island, then you will need to get a confirmation number. If you are going on BC Ferries you call ahead and get a confirmation number. The form is self explanatory and will tell you on the back how to get this information.

Suzanne
StephanieEllen
on 2/17/10 2:26 pm - Smalltown, Canada
 whoa. thanks suzanne! I didn' t know I had to get it from Amson! (whew!)
suzanneb
on 2/17/10 8:58 pm - North Vancouver, Canada

Just make sure you ask for it early, in case you have to ask more than once.

Also when you do go on the ferry, tell them at the ferry booth terminal that you need a return trip, and they give you a slip for return travel as well.

This pay for you and the vechicle.

Suzanne
Most Active