Happy to be home and sleeved

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/08 8:43 am - Victoria, Canada
Hi everyone, I am home and healthy. The surgery went great, no problems at all. I was in the hospital from Monday til Wednesday afternoon. They do have terrible food. At least what I had was not great, jello and chicken broth. Thank you all for your well wishes and kind thoughts. I am looking forward to healing quickly and losing lots. Gotta go have another snooze. Janice B
bear25
on 8/20/08 1:00 pm - chilliwack, Canada
Great to see you home and healing. Get some rest and get ready to start losing. Elisa
cherrypop
on 8/21/08 3:49 pm - Canada

Hey Janice glad you are home!
did the dr. say how long you should stay home before heading back to work?
sip------rest------ eat-----sip    and flush......
wishing you the best!
Cherri

(deactivated member)
on 8/22/08 1:46 am - Victoria, Canada

Hi Cherri,  no the doctor did not say but then I did not ask his opinion either.  LOL   I had 4 weeks available to me for paid time off and I took the whole thing.  I have the option of going back to work before that if I am going stir crazy sitting around at home. 

Today is my day 5 and it's the first day I have woken up feeling more like my usual self.  It is exciting to feel better.  My midsection is still tender of course but the foggyness has left my brain. 

thanks for your kind thoughts

Janice

Sim W.
on 8/23/08 6:24 am - Vancouver, Canada
Hi Janice,

I am so happy for you and glad you are doing well. I will call you next week and see how you are doing. I am looking forward to reading your posts as a post op now- yahoo!!

Make sure to get lots of rest and listen to your body.

Take care, Sim

RNY June 26, 2007 Seattle, WA- Dr. Hunter-Virginia Mason Hospital,
HW 323 lbs; SW 313 lbs; CW 168 lbs, GW around 150 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/08 10:57 am - Victoria, Canada

Thanks Sim  :)

I am thrilled to be a post op too and look forward to talking to you.

Janice

cherrypop
on 8/23/08 8:33 am - Canada
sorry Janice....... the sip------rest------ eat-----sip    and flush was for rny .......
take care and enjoy .pretty soon you're going to be on the loser's bench
keep us posted:)
Cherri
(deactivated member)
on 8/23/08 10:53 am - Victoria, Canada
No problem Cherri  :)  I am finding that I was doing that too.  Especially during the first week. 

I am now 6 days post op and am getting alot of my energy back. Yahoo and I am down 15 pounds from the last time I weighed myself (Aug 5th at the surgeon's office)

Take Care
Janice
carrie.c
on 8/30/08 3:03 am - Canada
Just wanted to say congrats to you :)
Most Active