1yr wait for a consult for the resperoligist? and sleep test *sigh*

cherrypop
on 8/8/08 8:13 am - Canada
I'd like to thank off first John for all your help............ I will be going out to see a bariatric surgean at the end of sept to BC.....but I just found out from thier office I would need a consult to a resperoligist as well as an over night oxemitry test.... which means flying out again . no problem there .but I was told I'm looking at over a year wait for this.... then it's to come back to see the surgean reguarding the results then from there a possible surgery date.........I was hopeing someone can give me a few Resperoligists names that my dr's office can refer while waiting so i can speed up the prossess......... I dont have any sleeping problems but I guess its a requesit for haveing surgery......Can anyone Help me at all? thankyou for reading this and I greatfully thankyou in advance sighned....Desprate.. Cherri
Sim W.
on 8/13/08 10:15 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Hi Cherri, I have emailed the other message board of Dr. Amson on victoriabariatricsurgery.com so hopefully I will get some names for you. Hey I used to live in Winnipeg for 26 years from 1966-1991. I had severe sleep apnea before WLS and yes the oximetry test is a requirement before surgery. I will email back here when I get some names. Take care, Sim 72 inches gone since June 26/07 RNY June 26, 2007 Seattle, WA- Dr. Hunter-Virginia Mason Hospital, HW 323 lbs; SW 313 lbs; CW 172 lbs, GW around 140 lbs
Indyjuice
on 8/18/08 9:41 am - Victoria , Canada
Actually, for the respirologist and endorinologist and even the dietitician you can do that at home... The only test that you will need to do here are the pre-ops one... For the rest everything can be done home BUT make sure to have all the results send to Dr.A! For the scope you need to have the disk of the test send to him and that test need to be perform in the year of the surgery ... So there is no need to have these tests in BC, or in Victoria... Just make sure that the results are here 8 -) Julie
cherrypop
on 8/18/08 2:10 pm - Canada
thankyou so much Sim and Julie!!! it helps my mind a bit......... I know I have to come back for more tests but what ever I can do at home makes the process go faster hugs and wishing you all the best in your journeys Cherri
Sim W.
on 8/21/08 6:25 am - Vancouver, Canada
Hi Cherri, I was only able to get a few names from Dr. Amson's website- support board. They are Connely and Heather Clark-both from the Island. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Maybe check on the internet and ask your doctor to check with the medical directory and see what he or she can find for you. Apparently Heather Clark is booked into March/April but her phone number is 250-595-0700. I don't have a number for the other person as they did not provide it. You may want to join Dr. Amson's board as there are a lot of people on there and there is a wealth of info on that board. The website is victoriabariatricsurgery.com Good luck, Sim RNY June 26, 2007 Seattle, WA- Dr. Hunter-Virginia Mason Hospital, HW 323 lbs; SW 313 lbs; CW 172 lbs, GW around 150 lbs
Ricardo_Neves
on 8/23/08 11:42 am - Canada
Hey Cherri I hear ya !!
I have a few friends in BC and 2 have told me that  wait is one of the longest in Canada due to shortage but the ones that are there are busy!! I'd wait till you see your surgean and see what he sugests since you have to wit for surgery reguardless hun
you can pm me and I'll give you the info you need
Ciao
Ricardo/rick starr
Most Active