Doc for OOC?

bear25
on 7/24/08 8:17 am - chilliwack, Canada
Hi this question is too those who had ooc, did your form from medical tell you which Dr or did you get to pick your surgeon that worked in VMMC? I would like to see Dr. Hunter as the people on here have such good things to say about him, but my form doesn't say which Dr. I phoned Lana the lady from patient services 2 days ago and left a message but i haven't heard anything back so i'm thinking maybe i might be calling the wrong person. If anyone has an advice i'd appreciate it, i wish Sim was here she knows so much more then I. Elisa
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/08 10:24 am - langley, Canada
On your form you put down which doc/surgeon/hospital you would like to have surgery at,(doc hunter) but you need to have another doc with bariactic surgery skills to sign the form.(local) Like dr menghatti,(spelling)or doc. rusnak. Check past posts for contact no.'s for more info. good luck
bear25
on 7/24/08 3:22 pm - chilliwack, Canada
Hi John thanks but i've already been approved i meant on my yes letter they didn't put Dr. Hunter's name down. Just gave me the general clinic number not the surgeons number so i'm wondering if maybe i don't get to pick my surgeon?
sharonspence
on 7/25/08 5:57 am - Canada
Hi Elisa My approval letter also never stated a doc. Dr Hunter ia already approved by MSP for your out of Country. Just phone them down there. The surgery is done in Seattle at Virginia Mason, but your appointmens are in Tacoma Phone 253-838-2400 or 800-987-7408. You want totalk to speacialty dept Once you get thru to them just tell them you have been approved by BC MSP for the gastric bypass. They will be vey helpful. You do need that letter to take with you, that is your prove that BC is paying. Also you need to see DR Hunter not Kat Redmon BC Med won`t pay for her because she does not have MD behind her name. If you have to see her it will cost about 200. Stupid but true. You can get it back on income tax. If you would like to call me that would be ok 604-534-2878. I`m so happy for you. Take care Sharon
Most Active