Dr. Amson

Nola13
on 7/14/08 5:42 am - Victoria, Canada
I find it very disturbing that people find Dr. Amson to be such a wonder Dr. I think he has a GOD complex and plays with peoples lives. When i had started to have problems with my gastro plasty we decided to do the by pass surgery. BUT DR. Amson decided just as he is wheeling me into the operating room that he would just reverse it. I begged him not to because i knew what was going to happen but playing GOD he did it his way and now I have gained all the weight back plus more. If he had only listened to me in the first place this would not have happened. Now I have to wait a year and a half for him to fix what he should have done in the first place. I AM NOT HAPPY and have considered suicide because I cant live this way again........
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/08 2:02 pm - Victoria, Canada
Nola, it sounds like you are at the end of your rope when it comes to waiting for Dr. Amson to help you with your eating and weight problems. I had the same problem dealing with him and decided to look at other solutions. It took me a while to gain the momentum to reach out to other solutions but once I did I felt alot better because I was doing something to help myself instead of feeling powerless. What other solutions? 1. I stopped waiting for Dr. Amson to help me. 2. I located other surgeons who were willing to help me by reading information on Dr. Amson's website. Many WLS patients who post on his board did not have their surgery done by him. www.victoriabariatricsurgery.com is where you will find many many people in BC waiting for surgery or who have had the surgery. Only some of them are Dr A's patients. You might want to search on his message boards for out of country 3. I joined a support group for my eating disorder. 4. I talked to my family doctor about my situation and he helped me alot. I hope that you will be able to find the willingness to look for solutions elsewhere ...they are out there. Sounds like having Dr. A as part of your solution is definately not for you. Please come back and tell us how you are doing. Hugs Janice
(deactivated member)
on 7/15/08 6:34 am - langley, Canada
Try dr. rusnak. I've been seeing him and the process is much faster. talked to sec. apr.10, fist appt june 13, second appt aug. 13(tests,etc),and then not more than six month wait,works for me! Or at least he will sign your out of country form phn Dr. Rusnak at 250 592 5959 ask for keri. Keep the faith!!!!
hardly_home
on 7/20/08 3:24 pm - maple ridge, Canada
Hi there, my name is Kelly and I'm new with the WLS, do you mind if I ask you who doctor Rusnak is and where I could find out more about him.. thank you! Kind Regards kelly
(deactivated member)
on 7/21/08 12:21 pm - langley, Canada
Bariactic surgeon in victoria, been doing it along time, was going to retire but changed mind.
Indyjuice
on 7/26/08 10:23 am - Victoria , Canada
A good alternative right now in BC, is Dr. Tang. fast! less than a year! Julie
Nola13
on 7/27/08 1:41 am - Victoria, Canada
Thank you Julie, Where is Dr. Tang's office. I found two here on the island and one on the mainland. Nola
Indyjuice
on 7/27/08 1:31 pm - Victoria , Canada
He is in Victoria, on Yates. SAme office as Dr. Amson... Good luck to you
carrie.c
on 8/29/08 6:12 am - Canada
Most Active