I have a date for my gastric sleeve surgery

(deactivated member)
on 6/29/08 4:10 am - Victoria, Canada
Hello everyone, I am scheduled to have my surgery on August 18th 2008 with Dr. Tang. I am very happy to have some lead time since it seems I have forgotten everything I have read about life after WLS and need to do some more research to determine the do's and don'ts for Gastric Sleeve post ops. I have the urge to get my house all cleaned up (which I have managed to ignore so far). Bought myself a little book to keep track of EVERYTHING from the name of the best tasting "clean out my innards drink" to the list of vitamins etc that I need to purchase. I also want to thank Sim for all the encouragement she has given me since we first met at Dr. Meneghetti's office. Thanks Sim, I love your energy. I will keep you all posted. Janice
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/08 12:43 am - North Vancouver, Canada
Way to go Janice! I wish you all the best. I too am having the sleeve on July 11 with Dr. Aceves. We'll be losing together!
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/08 12:56 pm - Victoria, Canada
Brenda, I just finished reading the great reviews on OH for Dr. Aceves...sounds like you are in for a treat. I look forward to hearing about your surgery and hope we can be of support to each other. To the best of my knowledge there are only a handful of people in BC who have the sleeve. If you don't mind telling me, how much does Dr. Aceves charge for the sleeve? Janice B
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/08 1:46 pm - North Vancouver, Canada
Hi Janice He charges $9500 all inclusive, except for airfare which I was able to use my airmiles for. Where is Dr. Tang. And how do you access the OH reviews, I have not been able to figure it out! Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/08 2:51 pm - Victoria, Canada
Nice price!!!!! Dr. Tang is an associate of Dr. Amson's and works out of the same office here in Victoria. The fasted way for me to research Dr.'s is to search for them via Google. That brought up his OH profile...here's the link to it http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeon+profile+Alberto+Aceves+lpc.html then in the top right corner you can check out the OH forum for him and also on the left below his address there's a link to his website....just poke around and click on lots of links. Janice
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/08 5:33 pm - North Vancouver, Canada
I was told that there was nobody in Canada doing the sleeve. Did you have to wait very long to get this date? Thanks for the help with the doctor's profiles! Now I get it!
(deactivated member)
on 7/1/08 1:24 am - Victoria, Canada
I think up until the past 6-10 months there probably wasn't anyone doing the sleeve. Then a couple of surgeons back east, like New Brunswick east, started doing them and a few surgeons in Ontario started doing them. When I saw Dr Tang in January, he told me that if he couldn't do the RNY he had a back up surgery called the Gastric Sleeve...my heart went kathump, kathump and suddenly I was thisclose to having the WLS of my dreams. Its hard to compare my wait time with others because of my history...this will be my 4th time being on a list for WLS...In the fall/winter of last year Dr. Amson referred me to Dr. Tang who had very few WLS patients and was just starting to take on some of Dr. A's patients. BTW, a different method of locating surgeon's is at the top of just about every page on OH, under the OH symbol, there is FIND A in red then bariatric surgeon in blue. J
sharonspence
on 6/30/08 5:25 am - Canada
Hi Janice I`m happy for you. Nice and quick. You will be happy once it is over. I`m down 77 pounds to date. I love shopping for new clothes. I havea new swim suit LOL. I have always worn big dark clothes. Now my clothes are a little snug and bright. Janice start saving your money for all your new cloths. Last year I started getting clothes for this summer when hey were marked down. Keep in touch Sharon
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/08 1:04 pm - Victoria, Canada
Hi Sharon, Thanks. I was very very happy to get referred to Dr. Tang and even happier when I found out he would do the sleeve for me. I have been dilly dallying about WLsurgery for over 10 years and I am very grateful to not have to wait any longer than necessary. I am so looking forward to getting my energy back so that I can keep going with my day even after I finish work. Lots of things I want to do are on hold til I get the energy to do'em. Congratulations on your weight loss. Hope you are feeling better after your rough start. I am hoping that the only clothing I will have to replace in my first year are my undies...hate when they start falling off...the rest of my clothes have elastic waists and I know from previous weight loss that they will hang around for a while....or it's off to Value village for me.
bear25
on 6/30/08 12:44 pm - chilliwack, Canada
Congrats on your date. The book idea is a good thing, i think every post-op and pre-op should have one, i have a binder but a little book from the $ store would be great to travel with. Please keep us updated as your date gets closer and i wish you luck. Elisa
Most Active