One year anniversary!!

Sim W.
on 6/25/08 11:02 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Hi everyone, Well it has been one year today since my WLS surgery and my new life has started. Since my surgery I have lost 144 pounds. I weighed 323 pounds last June and now I am happy to say I am down to 179 pounds and am around 40 pounds from goal! I feel fantastic and 20 years younger. I have so much energy and after a follow up with the UBC sleep clinic a few months ago I had a final overnight test and they informed me that my severe sleep apnea is completely gone. I went from 144 obstructions to a total of 4-5 that night. They said it is gone and I was able to stop using CPAC, yay! I am celebrating my new life with a trip to Europe for 6 weeks so I leave tomorrow and will be away until mid August. I am so excited and I am looking forward to being able to sit in a seat and not feel squished and uncomfortable anymore and be able to walk without feeling out of breath and exhausted. I phoned Lufthansa and ordered special meals as I will be traveling for a day and half to get my destination. As I reflect on this past year I can say it has been great. Except for the first few months where I was unable to eat meat I can now eat pretty much anything in small amounts. I do dump on sugar even fruit so I have to watch my portion sizes and pick the lower sugar fruits as I don't wish that feeling on anyone!! I also have to be conscious of eating too fast or too much as I still do that sometimes and boy do I feel uncomfortable afterwards. I am so glad I had the WLS and would do it again in a heartbeat!! Thanks to everyone for their support and help and I will post again in mid August. Take care and have a great summer Cheers, Sim 65 inches gone since June 26/07 RNY June 26, 2007 Seattle, WA- Dr. Hunter-Virginia Mason Hospital, HW 323 lbs; SW 313 lbs; CW 179 lbs, GW around 140 lbs
bear25
on 6/26/08 2:35 am - chilliwack, Canada
Hi Sim i just wanted to say how great you've done. It's nice to know that after all your struggles to get this surgery that you've done so well. Wow a trip to Europe, i could not image that at my weight but I'm so happy for you. I hope you have a great trip and again congratulations on all your hard work you've done incredible. Elisa
Cathy Page
on 6/27/08 2:22 am - Langley, Canada
Sim, I'm so happy for you! this is so encouraging for me your post gave me goose bumps! Congratulations! You've done an amazing job! Cathy
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/08 7:29 am - Victoria, Canada
Sim, I am so happy for you. We all deserve a life that is not hampered by obesity and yet alot of our strength comes from living life as an obese person. Way to go for taking your health into your own hands and making it happen. Now you are off on a fabulous trip to Turkey and I hope you have a wonderful, fun, carefree holiday. Take Care Janice B
RuthieK
on 8/12/08 9:56 am - Langley, Canada
Sim, You've done a marvelous job with your new tool! Good work. It's great to hear you've got so much energy, cuz energy is what I'm short of these days. Ruth
Most Active