Home and banded

Cathy Page
on 6/22/08 12:37 am - Langley, Canada
I had my surgery Friday morning and came home that afternoon. I feel a lot like I've been hit by a Mack truck....repeatedly. Slowly getting better. walking the hallways and drinking lots of water. I know it's gotta get better than this. Cathy
(deactivated member)
on 6/22/08 4:07 am - langley, Canada
good for you, glad it went well,now relax and stick to your rules fo the band john
Cathy Page
on 6/23/08 12:42 am - Langley, Canada
Thanks John, I think the first couple of weeks will be pretty easy. I weighed myself Saturday (24 hours post op) and I was 253.2 and I'm 247.2 today. I'm pretty sure it's mostly water so far. LOTS of water! Still hard to get comfortable though.
bear25
on 6/23/08 2:26 am - chilliwack, Canada
Hi I'm glad things went well, you just need to let your body heal. Pretty soon you'll be so busy with your new life that all of the surgery stuff will be forgotten. Good luck to you and let us know how it goes. Elisa
janebg
on 6/23/08 4:33 pm - Cobble Hill, Canada
Hi Cathy I am hoping to book surgery for early July. Where did you go for your surgery? Can anyone recommend a good and well priced place for lap band surgery in Mexico - possibly Tijuana since its easy to get to from Victoria. Thankyou. Janebg
Cathy Page
on 6/24/08 7:49 am - Langley, Canada
I had mine at Surrey memorial Hospital in Surrey by Dr Leung. He's a bit excentric but he's an awesome surgeon. Some people don't like his bedside manner, but if I'm not following the rules, I want him to be blunt with me. I only had about a 6 month wait. Feeling better every day! Cathy
Sim W.
on 6/25/08 11:05 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Congratulations and all the best to you. Your new life will begin now!! Cheers, Sim 65 inches gone since June 26/07 RNY June 26, 2007 Seattle, WA- Dr. Hunter-Virginia Mason Hospital, HW 323 lbs; SW 313 lbs; CW 179 lbs, GW around 140 lbs
frogger275
on 6/26/08 1:58 am - Annaheim, Canada
Hi Jane! I'm in Saskatchewan and I went to Dr. Kuri in Tijuana and would do it again in a heartbeat!! I think he charges $7500.00 for the Band. I had mine on November 9, 2007 and have lost 80 lbs so far!! I am loving my band!! you will not regret your decision!! If you want to know more about Dr. Kuri - just e-mail me and I would be glad to give you some more info. [email protected] anytime!! Elaine Frerichs Annaheim, SK
nursey6030
on 7/31/08 5:57 am
Jane, I am a ICU/Interventional nurse in Denver, Colorado. I work as a patient facilitator for Dr. Pedro Kuri who practices at the beautiful state of the art Hospital Angeles. I had my Lap-Band done with Dr. Kuri 2+ years ago and have lost 105# and maintained beautifully. If I can help you and send you some information, just send me the following info and I will e-mail you promptly..Or you of course are free to e-mail or call me on my cell phone..Dr. Kuri has supplied a toll free number for my Canadian patients who may wish to reach me for information or just to chat.... Name E-mail address Height Weight Birthdate (and I will send you the EMMI video which triggers off your birth date) It is very informative and shows how the band is place as well as discusses the risks and benefits. JoAnn Jackson, RN, BSN Patient Facilitator Dr. Kuri & Associates 1-888-398-5186 (Toll Free)
Most Active