Yeah

bear25
on 6/21/08 3:35 am - chilliwack, Canada
Ok i phoned Dr.M yesterday and i have an appointment on July 3. I could of had one earlier but i needed time to get the money. I can't believe the price has gone from $30 to $200, don't get me wrong after years of waiting i'll pay the money but there always seems to be something new to contend with. But i am very happy as i'm 1 step closer yippeeee. Now the really hard part comes and it seems a little overwhelming cause i'm afraid i'll get a no then i'll be right back where i started from. It's strange but i notice that the more i weigh the more negative i become hhmm, i'll have to change that. So yeahhhhh to appointment i'm happy!!! Ok that's better lol Elisa
Cathy Page
on 6/23/08 12:46 am - Langley, Canada
Hi Elisa, can I ask you what the $200 is for? My GP said that they can't charge for a referral and I didn't have to pay the surgeon until 2 weeks pre op, and it was WAAAY more than $200. Just curious, Congrats on your appt though! Baby steps huh? It feels like it takes forever! Cathy
bear25
on 6/23/08 2:19 am - chilliwack, Canada
Hi Cathy the money is for filling out and signing my out of country application. I'm having the bypass surgery and waiting for 4 years isn't just an option. I've already been trying to get this surgery done for 2 years so it's a long enough wait and i decided that i had nothing to lose and to try it this way. Congrats on your surgery, i looked at having it done but the money was the problem. Take care and hope you'll keep us updated on your journey. Elisa
sharonspence
on 6/24/08 1:09 am - Canada
Hi Elisa I can`t believe Dr M has the nerve to charge $200.00 for that form. Sour grapes because he is not allowed to do the gastric bypass here. Last year he only charged about $30.00. At least there is a Dr willing to fill out the out of country forms. It will be money well spent. Save the bill for incme tax time. Last year my famly Dr photo copyed alot of my test results and other Dr reports and cherged me $60.00. I put that with my income tax and got it back.Keep all reciepts that have to do with Out Of Country you never know you may get it back. When I went down for my first appointment I stayed in a motel for one night. I got it all back. Hotel, gas , food, keep it all. God luck to everyone who is trying to see Dr M it will be worth the wait. It least its not as long as Dr Amson. Sharon
bear25
on 6/24/08 2:06 am - chilliwack, Canada
Hey Sharon i couldn't believe it either, but i guess we all know that everyone seems to make money off us overweight people. But like you said at tax time things will even out. I wanted to ask you a question about once you had the form in your hand how long did you wait to send it out, did you have to wait or just mail it the same day? I'm nervous about this process because i'm not sure if i would have anything new to add to an appeal as i've put everything i can into this first shot. But i'll keep you up dated. Thanks for helping me out. Elisa
Most Active