Waiting for a reply.

bear25
on 6/18/08 9:03 am - chilliwack, Canada
Hi Elisa here i just have a quick question my Dr's office faxed a referral to Dr. Meneghetti about 2 weeks ago and i was just wondering how long should i wait for an appointment. I don't want to bug but as someone on this site told me i have to advocate for myself lol. I realize once i have the appointment i will have to wait but i just want to make sure that i keep the ball rolling thanks everyone.
RuthieK
on 6/19/08 4:47 am - Langley, Canada
Hi Elisa, I typed a reply, then it disappeared? I'll do this again and hope the other reply doesn't magically appear & duplicate! I was referred to Dr M and didn't hear for more than 2 weeks. I called his office & was told that they had not received a referral. Advocating for myself I called my GP's office to let them know that the referral didn't arrive. Lit a little fire under their butts, politely but firmly! After a few calls back & forth I had an appointment about 9 days out. June 11, 2008. It costs $200 (cash only) for Dr M to fill out the form. Not much when you consider the cost of the surgery. I've been learning that the OOC process takes time, although not as long as trying to have surgery with Dr Amson. There are tests and lab work that have to be done before surgery, like an upper GI scope....I've got an appointment with my gastroenterologist at the end of August and the scope will probably be Feb or something. I'll ask to be put on the cancellation list but I'm going to find out if I can have this done privately and pay up the $$ myself for a quicker test. Regards, Ruthie
bear25
on 6/19/08 12:51 pm - chilliwack, Canada
Hi Ruth thanks for getting back to me. I will call tomorrow just to see what's up. I am thankful that you mentioned the $200 because i wasn't aware of this so as I'm not working right now I'll start saving right now. I'll let everyone know what's going on. Thanks again Elisa
Most Active