Strange Call from Victoria General

Barb S.
on 6/4/08 2:48 pm - New Westminster, BC, Canada
Hi All I received a very strange call yesterday from Victoria General Hospital. The woman calling wanted to know if i was still interested in having surgery. I was a bit puzzled by the call but the woman went on to say that they were trying to get an accurate count of what Amsons wait list is. What she went on to say is that there were over 800 people on the list she was working from but obviously it was not that high in reality. She then went on to listen to my rant which was it all seems rather pointless when it takes over 2 years to see Amson and at least 2-4 years after that to get the surgery. Even after waiting that long at the end of the day it comes down to wether or not Amson thinks you should be "blessed" with the privelidge of being his patient. She was quite surprised at the wait to see him but seemed to hint that they are trying to get a better handle on the list. She said Amson is training another doctor. So hopefully things will get better. I would hate to sound negaative but I must say I found the call less than promising. Has anyone else had this call? Would love to see the results of the survey!
Most Active