Fills in BC or WA?

(deactivated member)
on 5/21/08 6:53 am - North Vancouver, Canada
Hi, I want to book a lap band surgery in Mexico. The last hurdle is were to do the adjustments. I live in the lower mainland, but am willing to drive into Seattle as well. Any ideas? Thanks! Anita
Sim W.
on 5/23/08 2:42 pm - Vancouver, Canada
I had the RNY for my surgery but there is a lap band support group that meets once a month- check Dr. Amson's website at victoriabariatricsurgery.com. You may want to try there and see if they have any suggestions. Access to fills is a huge part of banding and if you can't find a Dr or RN in your area to do the fills you are going to wonder why you had the band in the first place when you need a fill and can't get one. Everyone is so different with banding, some needing several fills before finding restriction and others not. It's impossible to know what will happen to you until you are banded. There is a franchise fill business in the US called "Fill Centers USA," and they have a location in Washington state (Google their name to find out more). There are several places in Washington that would probably do your fill. Check on the internet and also the obesityhelp.com message board for Washington. There are many private clinics. Also Dr, Leung in Surrey does fills too I believe. Here are a few names I heard about, not sure if they are accurate Dr Woodhead - Surrey BC Full Centers USA - Washington Dr Mitchell - Calgary Alberta Good luck 62 inches gone since June 26/07 RNY June 26, 2007 Seattle, WA- Dr. Hunter-Virginia Mason Hospital, HW 323 lbs; SW 313 lbs; CW 185 lbs, GW around 150 lbs
Most Active