Having a lapband in ...

c5711
on 5/19/08 7:39 am - Smithers, Canada
Having a lapband in Monterrey Mexico June 17 08 is the date I am getting banned. Is there anyone who has had the surgery there and can give some positive/negitive insight. I am looking forward to it but also reading some people who did not like it or it never worked??????? Please any help will be great in knowing I am making the right decision.
Sim W.
on 5/19/08 11:53 am - Vancouver, Canada
Dear Chrissy, I had the RNY but I have heard pros and cons about the lap band just like the RNY. I think you need to do what is right for you and figure out why you eat and if that procedure will work for you. You can check out the forum on obesityhelp.com under the lap band forum and also onto Dr. Amson's website at victoriabariatricsurgery.com and ask there. They also have a support group that meets too on one of the categories on there. I heard great things about Monterrey Mexico. Personally I knew the lap band would not work for me so I went with the RNY and yes you are right a lot of people have told me that it did not work too well for them and they did not lose a lot of weight. You have to be really disciplined for it to succeed well. I am a little biased towards RNY and if you are interested in chatting more feel free to respond to this and we can talk further. Do some more research on it and talk to others and definitely choose the procedure that is right for you and don't let anyone pursuade you either way. That is my humble opinion. Take care, Sim 62 inches gone since June 26/07 RNY June 26, 2007 Seattle, WA- Dr. Hunter-Virginia Mason Hospital, HW 323 lbs; SW 313 lbs; CW 185 lbs, GW around 150 lbs
nerdlesmom
on 5/20/08 1:06 pm - Canada
Dear Skim, I am completely new at this computer thing...so bare with me. I live in Port Coquitlam and have made the decision to go to Monterrey Mexico for surgery, but I can't find a doctor here that will do the fills. Do you have any advice? Thanks, Wendy
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/08 1:19 pm - North Vancouver, Canada
Hi Wendy I'm having my band done in July in Mexicali. For my aftercare, I will be driving to Arlington, WA, about 2-3 hrs at NW fills : http://www.northwestfills.com/ I would love to find doctor or nurse closer than that, but that's what I have so far. Anita
Sim W.
on 5/23/08 2:46 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Hi Wendy, I posted on another post about options for fills " under fills in BC or WA" . I hope that helps. Good luck Take care, Sim Sim White 62 inches gone since June 26/07 RNY June 26, 2007 Seattle, WA- Dr. Hunter-Virginia Mason Hospital, HW 323 lbs; SW 313 lbs; CW 185 lbs, GW around 150 lbs
Alex R.
on 6/2/08 6:11 am - Toronto, Canada
I have a lap-band and am thrilled with the results. You should check out the main lap-band forum. Its a very active board and you should learn lots about banding. The most important thing you need to do before going to Mexico, is to make sure you have an IRONCLAD arrangement for fills before you go. Some people have a hard time finding aftercare once they get home.
Most Active