What does "fill" mean and what is it for?

ebrena
on 5/14/08 5:03 am - Canada
So glad I found this board and congratulations to you all for your committment to bariatric surgery. Back in 1996 I think I had an appointment with Dr Amson and my appotment was for 3:15 and I was still there at 1/4 to six and it was pitch black dark out by then. It was kind of funny, because the woman who took me to the room told me to get undressed and cover myself with a sheet! Ha, when Dr Amson came in he said " oh my, you can put your clothes back on, you don't need to be undressed!" To say I felt like running out of there is an understatement. We actually both laughed about it after. I went to a seminar in a theater at Eric Martin, it was very interesting. Because the wait list was huge I decided to cancel which bumped open a space for the next in line. So if you elect and pay for the proceedure is the wait also years? Hi I am new to this board and am just beginning my research and have seen many Lapband posts speak of "fill". Also if were to contact MSP regarding their criteria, where do you find this information? I look forward to any info-thank you
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/08 7:21 am - langley, Canada
Fill means that your lap band device is tightened to restrict the opening of the device implanted around your stomach. You prob need 3 or 4 fills in the future,should search lap band surgery on this website to find out more.
Most Active