Not Happy

sharonspence
on 5/8/08 9:56 am - Canada
Hi Everyone I went to my family doc today. I need to find a doc up here to remove the scar tissue. My doc phoned Dr Meneghetti, because that is his feild and is trying to do gastric bypass surgery at VGH. He won`t see me because he did not do the surgery. Since when is a doc allowed to refuse a patient because he did not do the surgery ? I did not ask him to help me in my recovery. So everyone out there check with your family docs before you have out of country surgery. You wouldnot want to run into a dick like Dr Meneghetti. No matter what kind of surgery you have out of country a doc here at home should br able to refuse treatment. I will phone MSP tomorrow about filling in a complaint. My doc is going to try and find someone else to remove the scar tissue. I would not see Dr Meneghett now even if he paid me. Thanks for letting me sound off. Sharon
Sim W.
on 5/8/08 2:41 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Wow, I am so surprised. Were you one of his patients before the surgery in Seattle? I can't remember if you were or not. A few of us like Bobby, Janice and myself were seeing Dr. M. as he was suppose to do the WLS at VGH. We had all the pre-op tests done before and we saw him 3-4 times before we found out that VGH would not let him do the surgeries and then he signed my out of country application to go down to Seattle just like Bobby as well. Good luck, I hope you find someone. How about Dr. Amson, would he do it? Take care, Sim
lineinthesand
on 5/9/08 3:53 am - Langley, British Columbia, Canada
Hi Sharon, I'm so sorry to hear of this MAJOR frustration for you. It is really hard to believe that a Dr can do that. Thanks for the tip. By the way, I live in Langley as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Colleen
(deactivated member)
on 5/9/08 5:01 am - langley, Canada
Hi sharon, very recently i got a appt. for dr. rusnak in victoria who said that he was willing to do my surgery or sign my out of country form, i thought he was supposed to retire. try phoning his asst to see if they can help you. He's the surgeon that taught Dr. amson on gastric bypass surgery. # is 250 592 4313 ext. 2 his assisant is very helpful good luck
sharonspence
on 5/9/08 8:30 am - Canada
Hello Thanks for the information. I`m trying to avoid the Island. It`s cheaper for me to go to Seattle and back than it is to go over there. Seattle and back only cost 40 in gas and can get a motel room for 65. I will try everything to find a doc here first. MSP said a doctor can refuse to help because they govern themself. I spoke to Vancouver Coastal Health , same thing. I even told them he is trying to get approval to start gastric btpass in Vancouver. They don`t care. I have left a message at the ethics commitee at the College Of Surgeons and Physians. I just need to know why a doctor is allowed to refuse treatment to someone who has medical coverage. It sounds a bit like sour grapes. Sharon
SantanaRose
on 5/14/08 8:37 am - Canada
My family doctor has become a nightmare now that I've had surgery done in Washington and not waited years to have it done in Canada... I thought doctors just wanted their patients to be healthy? i guess my doctor wanted me to wait on the list, become sick or just get even larger as i wait... i don't know what they're thinking! - Santana
Most Active