can anyone give me info about dr. w. leong?

tara-b
on 4/29/08 5:31 am - Canada
i was banded in seattle in january and love my surgeon (no not in a sick way) the care i got and get was and is fantastic. and i would reccomend him in a heart beat. my cousin is consulting with this dr, leong in surrey and i have seen /read a few things about him but cant really find much info on him. can u tell me more about him? the good the bad and the ugly. i really want to know , as i am leary about her having him do the surgery on her but trying to remain open minded that he may be ok. any and all responses would be helpfull. thanks in advance
(deactivated member)
on 4/30/08 5:07 am - langley, Canada
Well i would read the post before this one on the problems with that dr. before making a decision.
tara-b
on 4/30/08 11:38 am - Canada
i did, thats why im looking for more info. i already have the band this is some one else im trying to find out the infor for tara
Sim W.
on 4/30/08 10:30 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Hi Tara, I would suggest going onto Dr. Amson's website and post there as there are a lot people that have dealt with Dr. Leung. You should get a few responses and experiences. It is victoriabariatricsurgery.com. From what I heard generally most people had negative things to say and it has not been favourable. He is a good surgeon but has a rough bed side manner and is very opinionated from what I have heard from others. Take care and good luck, Sim 62 inches gone since June 26/07 RNY June 26, 2007 Seattle, WA- Dr. Hunter-Virginia Mason Hospital, HW 323 lbs; SW 313 lbs; CW 190 lbs, GW around 150 lbs
kerplinker
on 5/1/08 11:56 am - Canada
I would suggest your cousin go to your doc then. Leung was TERRIBLE in every aspect. There is also Dr. Woodhead in Ladner, I have had no experience with him but anyone has got to be better than Leung.
Cathy Page
on 5/19/08 1:20 pm - Langley, Canada
Dr Leung is my surgeon, though I haven't had my surgery yet. I really like him, he's a bit brash but straight forward. He has a great sense of humour.
winniepooh2
on 6/10/08 2:04 pm - Trail, Canada
Well read my profile for a first hand account of what I went through with the ******* He screwed over three years of my life with ignorance and inconsideration. Had he actually gone in side me and fixed what was wrong my lapband may have actually worked instead of made me sick and not able to eat solids for 3 1/2 years. He is an arrogant idiot and isn't in it for patient health anymore. I was blindsided by that. Well at least I didn't die and I did get my RNY revision but it took two years to plan out and find someone who would take me on to do it.
Most Active