obesity support group - burnaby

ObesityResearcher
on 4/25/08 7:04 am - Burnaby, Canada
I am an obesity researcher, and have recently moved to the Burnaby area of BC. I am considering starting a support group, but wonder if there is enough demand out there for such a thing. I have done some scouting around and see that there appears to be very little available in terms of support for the obese community in Burnaby. Any thoughts?
Sim W.
on 4/26/08 1:10 am - Vancouver, Canada
Hey Carrie, I live in East Vancouver 1 block from the Burnaby border. There is a support group that meets every 3rd Tuesday evening of the month in North Vancouver at the Lion's Gate hospital. Sometimes I go, sometimes I don't. If you want to attend next month give me a shout and we can go together. Here is the information: North Vancouver Support Group meets the third Tuesday of each month from 7:00 until 8:30 at Lions Gate Hospital in Seminar C meeting room. Contact Erin at [email protected] for information. The other one is in Langley which I don't go to as it is far and so close to the other date as well but here is the info: Langley Support Group - Lower Mainland Weight Loss Support Group First Saturday of each month, 11:00-12:30, Langley Memorial Hospital, conference room #3. Trena Bennett-Vance [email protected] I don't know if there would be enough people that would be interested in one in Burnaby but you can try. Go onto Dr. Amson's website at victoriabariatricsurgery.com and ask there as there are a lot of members. Let me know how I can help. Good luck, Sim 62 inches gone since June 26/07 RNY June 26, 2007 Seattle, WA- Dr. Hunter-Virginia Mason Hospital, HW 323 lbs; SW 313 lbs; CW 190 lbs, GW around 150 lbs
ObesityResearcher
on 4/29/08 6:27 am - Burnaby, Canada
Hi Sim, You are exactly the person I was hoping would respond to my message, and thank you so much for all the information you sent! I would love to go with you to a meeting in North Van, but Tuesday nights I already run a binge eating support group. Very unfortunate timing. Perhaps I could attend a session with you this summer when the binge eating session takes a two week break? I am meeting with people in Burnaby tomorrow night about getting some space to start an obesity support group there. I'll contact you to let you know how it goes. Much appreciation for all your help, and hope to meet you in the near future!
christineLyon.Vancouv
er

on 5/18/08 8:30 am - lyon, France
i spend a part of the year in france, but when i will be in vancouver, kitsilano, i should be glad to attend a support group or a meeting. at two years post op, i know how it's important to stay on track !! cheers
Most Active