Lap Band by Dr. Leung

kerplinker
on 4/15/08 3:41 am - Canada
I just wanted to make you all aware of my experience with Dr. Leung. He has no bedside manner whatsoever and completely ignored my concerns of neasuea, fever and chills. 1.5 years and 13,000 later I had to get it removed from a different doctor because Dr. Leung installed it too tight and it caused a hole in my stomach which lead to a massive infection. I was in constant pain and all he told me to do was " stop shoving my face full of food" I would not recommend him at all, there are other doctors out there that can do the surgery as well. I am now on a wait list with Dr. Amson to get the RNY and repair my hernia at the same time. I am also trying to recoup some of my costs associated with my initail surgery by Dr. Leung, lets see what happens.
Sim W.
on 4/16/08 10:09 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Dear Katrina, I am not surprised by this. I have heard lots of people talk about their experiences with him and his manner. This is a pretty quiet forum and I would suggest you post this info on Dr. Amson's website as well at victoriabariatricsurgery.com as there are a lot of members on there and it would be good to share this with them as well. Good luck and keep us posted. Sim 62 inches gone since June 26/07 RNY June 26, 2007 Seattle, WA- Dr. Hunter-Virginia Mason Hospital, HW 323 lbs; SW 313 lbs; CW 190 lbs, GW around 150 lbs
roberta1974
on 4/23/08 5:23 am - Canada
Hi there, just wondering what surgeon removed the band? I'm sorry you had to go through with this. I just had the surgery in December. How do you go about getting your money back? I had no idea that was an option. Thxs
kerplinker
on 4/23/08 5:30 am - Canada
Dr Nam Nyguen removed it. He was so friendly and kind, it really made that terrible experience a little more bearable. My friend is a lawyer and she thinks that I should be able to recoup some costs through small claims court because it was installed improperly and he ignored my concerns. At the end of the day if I don't get anything back, I am okay with it, however I am STILL paying for the loan that I had to take out for the surgery.
cpl60
on 5/1/08 9:12 am - Langley, Canada
Hi, I just found out about Dr Leung in Surrey .... sounds as if he might not be the one of choice for RNY then!!! Do you know if there is any more info on him anywhere? Sounds as if he has the bedside manner of a shoelace. Thanks, Colleen
kerplinker
on 5/1/08 11:53 am - Canada
From what I understand Dr. Amson is the only Doc in BC who does the RNY. I know some others used to do it (Woodhead) but I guess there is more money to be made by doing the Lap-Band instead I don't know if there is any one place you can find info on him(Leung), however there have been ALLOT of bad feedback about him and his "bedside" manner throughout forums like this Good luck Colleen!
Most Active