anyone had DS in mexico?

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/08 6:39 am - Canada
I am going to be totally self pay-I am looking for the most inexpensive but safest surgery that I can get for DS. Has anyone had the surgery in mexico and are they abel to shed a bit of light on the topic for me.
Elaine70
on 4/6/08 5:41 pm - Canada
I started a big fight in the VSG forum about surgery in Mexico, there's alot of differing opinions out there! hehe.. One thing I did get out of it was the name of the best of the best surgeon in the US.. his name is michel gagner, you can look him up if you want. He's got a pretty good self pay price for the VSG I don't know about the DS, but I know he specializes in both.
(deactivated member)
on 4/8/08 2:25 am - Canada
Thank you Elaine-I will take a look see. I see that you are from Surrey-ME TOO! I had vbg surgery 21 years ago-not very successful so I am now looking at DS and trying to get it before my joints fall apart and my diabetes gets worse. All the information I have found looks good-much better to me that the RNY for my lifestyle. Too bad it is not covered by our medical-
Elaine70
on 4/8/08 4:51 am - Canada
hey you're welcome, anyone from surrey is a friend of mine.. ok not anyone hahaha, we've got a baaad neighbor! Yeah the weight loss for the DS is just smokin' from what I can see, I'm going to try the VSG first and see how that goes, if i don't need malabsorption problems then I don't want 'em lol and yes it seems nuthin' is covered by our medical.. it's a bummer... let me know if you want Dr. Gagner's email address. Cheers, and good luck! elaine
erohan
on 4/11/08 9:02 am
Are you absolutely set on DS? We are a group of bariatric surgeons in California with 25 + years experience. We do lap Roux en Y gastric bypass and lap bands. We have very competitive cash prices and offer financing as well. You can research our group on our website, www.smartdimensions.com . Let me know if I can answer any questions. We are currently working with a few other patients in BC. Ellen Rohan Administrator Surgical Associates
(deactivated member)
on 4/11/08 9:44 am - Canada
yes-I am set on DS-I have researched and feel that it is the surgery that most fits what I want to do. Thanks
erohan
on 4/11/08 10:23 am
Ok- thanks for getting back to me- Good luck with your weight loss journey!
cpl60
on 5/2/08 6:31 am - Langley, Canada
Well, it's nice to see neighbours on here! I'm from Langley and will be self-paying as well. I'm looking at RNY in Mexico by Dr. Lopez Corvala ... anyone know of him? So much to research, but HIGHLY interesting to hear of other's experience and information. This is soooooooo wonderful to have these forums!! Colleen
(deactivated member)
on 5/6/08 11:39 am - Canada
Hey there! yes these forums are absolutely great. We should meet up sometime as we live "just down the block" from each other. I was researching the rny too, but then I found some information on the DS and decided that it was the best for me-my BMI is 51. I don't have a date yet, but am getting the results from blood test, echocardiogram and baruim swallow this Friday and will send them to him and go from there. Good to see someone so close -talk at ya later!!!! PS when are you going down?
cpl60
on 5/6/08 1:42 pm - Langley, Canada
Hi Darlene - neighbour!! That would be so incredibly cool if we met and went together!!! I think I am pretty much decided on Dr Lopez Corvala in Tijuana Angeles hospital. He has done umpteen bypasses (over 500) and is very very experienced. Have you decided on a surgeon? I am thinking about either the beginning of July or the beginning of Sept. What about you? Colleen
Most Active