lap band questions

Elaine70
on 4/3/08 8:34 pm - Canada
Hi, I'm considering the lap band as well, and I just read on a thread in here, someone was regretting the lap band, and had 3 friends that are looking to get theirs taken out because of complications.. this doesn't sound good to me. is it very difficult to get the band removed if something happens? do you have to pay for that too? and what are all these complications? Is it just me or are there many more bad stories about the lap band vs how many bad stories there are about other surgeries? I had discounted the lap band for so long because there seems to be so many problems, what do y'all think? cheers, elaine
Alex R.
on 4/28/08 5:58 am - Toronto, Canada
Hi Elaine, Please check out the main Lap-band forum here on OH. There aren't too many banders on the provincial forums and you should be able to get a much larger response to your question. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/LapBand/a,messageboard/board_id,5359/ I am in Ontario and was banded a year ago. I have had a wonderful experience. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I've lost 75 lbs so far and am still losing.
Most Active