Update

sharonspence
on 3/15/08 2:11 am - Canada
Hello Everyone Well it has been awhile since my last post. My surgery was Jan 15 2008. It has been two months now and I`m down 50 pounds. At the start it went very good. Now I have alot of nausea and some vomiting. I`m on anti nausea meds, it helps for awhile then back to nausea. Dr Hunter thinks it might be scarring. I`m now waiting to hear back from him because the meds did not cure me. Some people have asked me , was it worth it ? You bet it was, I may be nauseous all day and sometimes I don`t keep my food down. This will clear up by meds or remove scar tissue time will tell. It is the end result that counts. I`m losing weight, I look better and yes I feel better LOL. My knees don`t hurt as much . Most of all I know I will live longer. It is not easy to lose weight no matter how you do it. Gastric bypass is a tool to help you loose weight it won`t be easy and there may set backs like any diet. Let me tell you this IT IS WORTH IT AND I WOULD DO IT AGAIN LOL. At first I was looking into lap band for me it was the wrong surgery. I felt with the lap band all it does is help with the amount of food you eat. So I could still eat the same foods just not as much. I have food issues so gastric bypass was the way for me to go. It has helped me to watch everything I eat in the way of sugar and fats. Its funny I don`t miss food. If I crave a cookie or chocolate I can still have it, I have sugar free chocolate and cookies instead. I never thought I would see the day where I would eat one cookie with a cup of tea and be happy. Beats the bag I used to eat LOL. What I do miss is chowing down with a mouth full food LOL At times I get sick of just nibbling but when you think about it, I might not have a weight issue if I had just nibbled instead of chowing down LOL. Good luck to everyone in your search for weight loss no matter what avenue you choose. I will post again soon Take care everyone Sharon
Elaine C.
on 3/15/08 3:33 pm - Port Coquitlam, Canada
RNY on 03/17/08 with
Wow Sharon that is awesome, sorry to hear about the not so good feeling part and hopefully it will pass or they will figure out what is happening. I am on my way to Dr Joya in PV, Mexico on Monday morning. And if I could only stop crying and worrying about my babies while I am away I would be very excited. Anyway good luck and can't wait to be on the losing side. Take care Elaine
Sim W.
on 3/16/08 7:55 am - Vancouver, Canada
Hi Sharon, Great to see you post and give us an update. I know what you mean about eating. I have good days and bad days. I find I have to learn to slow down and chew instead of inhaling my food-LOL! That is when I do not feel so great. Even though it has been 8 months already I still try and eat like I used too sometimes, my brain has still not caught up to my body. You are doing great and I can feel your excitement in reading your update. Way to go! Sim
(deactivated member)
on 3/16/08 9:19 am - Victoria, Canada
Sharon, Thank you so much for this update on how you are doing. I am glad that you are focusing on the positive aspects of your journey...I believe that what we focus on expands whatever it is we focus on. I bet you are having lots of days when you feel light as a feather compared to before the surgery. I hope you continue to get lighter and lighter and that your nausea goes away soon. Take care Janice B
Most Active