Pro's and cons of Lapband surgery

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/08 3:34 am - Canada
Hi This is my very first post to any type of forum but I really want to approach the decision to have surgery without rose tinted glasses. Basically I have been gathering as much info as I can about Lapband surgery, I have been weighing up the pros's and cons, my future life without doing it, my life if I do go ahead. I am 100lbs over weight, with no health concerns at this time, although there are heart attacks and diabetes is in my family blood line, so feel at some point this extra weight will catch up with me. I am just wondering from your own personal experiences wether overall you are glad that you had the surgery, does the new you out weigh (no pun intended) the grief over small portions, never enjoying a nice three course meal with your partners, throwing up, not enjoying the taste of food anymore etc etc. Are there sometimes that you regret every having it done, wished you had tried one last time to lose the weight naturally??? Do you constantly live with a feeling of lose, even though you are happy with the results?? Please be as honest as you can with me, I feel this decision is one of the biggest of my life and your help and advice will be greatly appreciated. Cheers kerry
Alex R.
on 4/4/08 12:54 am - Toronto, Canada
Hi Kerry, I'm in Ontario, but occasionally check out the provincial boards because I find that there aren't many bandsters on them and questions about lapband are often not answered. You'll find lots of information and support if you go to the lapband forum here on OH. There are quite a few Canadians who hang out there. You can also try the Canadian forum at lapbandtalk.com ( http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f76/ ). There is a a fair bit of discussion about banding in BC there. But for all round support, I prefer the OH lapband forum as it is very active.
Most Active