UBC Sleep Clinic

Sim W.
on 2/14/08 8:44 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Hi everyone, I have a follow up appt with UBC Sleep clinic on Feb 25th. It took me 5 months to get in. I spoke to the Coordinator yesterday and she says she wants to document my weight loss and talk to me about advocacy work on sending a letter to Gordon Campbell and MSP on how getting this surgery has decreased or eliminated my sleep apnea. She has asked Clinical Sleep Solutions where I got my CPAC to lower my pressure from a 15 to an 11 for now and I am getting an oximetry test done this weekend first and then they are going to set me up with the overnight test again at the hospital to see if I can get off this machine for good. As she put it " you have lost a whole person and I want the big wigs to know that this surgery works and it is prevention and that they are saving health care $$ by doing the surgeries in the long run". She is very interested in my case and she has asked permission from me to send some of her staff in to the appt I have with Dr. Road in 9 days to take pictures and write down the information to be used as a story. I told her absolutely that would be great. I'll keep everyone posted on the results when I know more. As I used to quote on the bottom of my signature before: Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead Take care all, Sim _______________________________________________________________________ 62 inches gone since June 26/07 RNY June 26, Seattle, WA- Dr. Hunter-Virginia Mason HW 323 lbs; SW 313 lbs; CW 202 lbs, GW 150 lbs
Most Active