anybody gotten their vsg surgery approved in canada? and was able to go somewhere else for...

Elaine70
on 1/5/08 11:11 pm - Canada
I'm going to try and get my doc to get my surgery approved by my canadian doc and canadian insurance company... but i was wondering, has anybody else done this and was able to go to say, mexico for their surgery and still get it paid for? I thought maybe a surgeon down the west coast of the states might be better chances... any adivce, or doctors down the west coast that are just great, i would love to hear! cheers, and thanks, elaine
mariamahoa
on 2/7/08 3:41 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 08/23/07 with
I haven't heard of anyone getting VSG approved. I was self-pay and went to Mexico. As far as I know there is only a surgeon back east that performs VSG in Canada. I would be very interested to hear if you get approval. Good luck, take care. Gale.
erohan
on 2/13/08 5:49 am
I work with a group of bariatric surgeons in Southern California. We are doing some research at this time to see if we can help Canadian patients facilitate getting surgery outside of Canada. From what I have been able to find out, your primary care can request out of country services for you if you meet certain criteria. Have you tried speaking to him about this. You can go to our website at www.smartdimensions.com to find out more about our practice. We have 25 years of bariatric surgery experience. Please feel free to contact me at 877-HEALTHY to discuss further. You may also email me through our website Ellen Rohan
Most Active