Vancouver fills

goldhawk52
on 12/7/07 4:49 am - Canada
Good Day everyone, I am looking for a Dr. in Vancouver that does fills. I had my surgery in Mexico and their link is in Toronto. Thx Sue
triciad
on 12/15/07 3:36 am - Canada
Lap Band on 09/03/07 with
Hi - I got my surgery in Mexico too and get my fills by Dr. Woodhead in Delta/Ladner area. 604-946-6500. It was $400 for the first consult visit and $75 for each fill afterwards, although I get a portion of that back from my extended health plan.
goldhawk52
on 12/17/07 3:41 am - Canada
Thx so much for your reply, I've been leaving messages on alot of sites and you are my first return. That is still cheaper than returning to Tijuana. I leave for Cabo on Wed and looked at travelling to the hospital for the fill but the cost is 500.00. I'll give them a call. I would like to chat when I get back on any tips you may have. Thx again..Merry x-mas...Sue
triciad
on 12/21/07 4:04 pm - Canada
Lap Band on 09/03/07 with
Hi Sue! Let me know how it goes if you decide to go with Dr. Woodhead. I'd recommend calling sooner rather than later because it took me about 4-5 weeks to get my first appointment. So my first fill was at like 10 weeks instead of 6 because I didn't make the appointment right away. The band is working okay for me. I got the 11cc one and I'm at 4.5cc's right now, but I think I need another fill - which I'll wait until the new year to get. I need to enjoy more than 1/4 cup of Christmas dinner. Tricia
goldhawk52
on 12/22/07 10:11 am - Canada
My surgery was Oct 26 and the day after they gave me a fill- 3.5cc. They said I shouldn't have been so hungry and I would be more restricted than I should be. This also allowed (or should I say, I did) me to eat solid food alott faster than a month. I called the day after reading your note and the reception said to call and talk to another person the next day, I guess it is the person that takes care of this. Did you get a floroscopy as well? My Dr. said to make sure of it???? I did forget to call, I was on a push to pack for Cabo, where I am now...lol...The band is working, I get full very fast but I get hungry a few hrs later. My tuffest part is not drinking while eating. How do you break a habit like that? When my stomach growls, you can hear it a block away..he he.. I'll make the appt when I get back. Do you know if they do a fill to what your needs are or to measured steps set out for this surgery. Have you been behaving? Have yu lost any weight yet. I am down 8-12 lbs, depends what day...lol...I find that no matter what my first bite is, liquid, chewed well, I get the blockage and have to sorta bring it up, then I'm fine. I'll just have to work these things out but excited as heck for the outcome. Catch u later...Sue
donnadonnadonna
on 1/27/08 2:05 pm - surrey, Canada
how long did it take for first consult visit and booking. thx donna. p.s. i'm going to dr kuri end of feb and looking for a vcr area fill.
Connib
on 1/28/08 8:51 am - Vernon , Canada
Hi Donna My GP contacted Dr. Amson 18 Dec and I have my appointment 14th Feb, from what I have been reading this is very fast. I have also had all but 1 test done. I do have some health issues but then so do alot of other people who are waiting. Don't get me wrong I am soooo very grateful this is happening quick. I just wondered if along with people who are waiting are there any that got through to surgery quickly. Trust me if on the 14th he says we can do it tomorrow I will be on that table.
donnadonnadonna
on 1/28/08 9:37 am - surrey, Canada
Hi, I'm confused, are you waiting for surgery or does a fill appointment take 2 months? thanks for you help. donna
Connib
on 1/28/08 10:38 am - Vernon , Canada
Sorry, I am blonde, lol I am waiting for surgery. This will be my first appointment with DR. A
Sim W.
on 12/17/07 8:40 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Hi Sue, This forum has been so quiet for the past several months compared to what it used to be. You can also go onto Dr. Amson's website and post there. There are a lot of folks who talk to each other. His website is victoriabariatricsurgery.com There is a support group for people who had the lap band done as well. Chekc it out if you haven't already. Good luck Sim _______________________________________________________________________ Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead HW: 323 lbs; SW: 313 lbs CW: 217 lbs; GW: 150 June 26, 07- RNY, Seattle, WA Surgeon: Dr. J. Hunter
Most Active