I think I had my first dump?

Sim W.
on 10/2/07 4:58 am - Vancouver, Canada
Hi everyone, My husband made me some chamomile tea on Sunday as I was wanting some and after I drank it I started to feel nauseous an hour later. I did not feel like eating and threw up a few times but because I had mostly water and plain yogurt I was pretty empty inside but I was not sure what was going on and why I felt so yucky? I thought maybe I was coming down with something. I felt like throwing up a few more times but nothing came. Well my husband was in the kitchen a little while later to make some soup for me as I thought I should eat something and I thought maybe I am nauseous because I have not eaten much today and after throwing up a few times before maybe I was dehydrated. Needless to say, when I went into the kitchen I noticed the honey jar had been opened and then I found out that he had put honey in my tea!! Oh my god, then it hit me that is what made me ill and I had a mild case of dumping!! Suddenly it made sense. My poor husband had forgotten I could not have honey due to the sugar as he is so used to me having it before WLS, and I never thought to ask him as I was groaning and whining on the couch from not feeling well so I did not even think to ask. It never occurred to me. Well here is my first lesson, always interrogate your loved ones who feed you LOL~!! I went to bed early on Sunday and the next day I felt much better but my tummy was sore from vomiting. I wanted to share this sotry with all of you. Take care, Sim ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead HW: 323 lbs; SW: 313 lbs CW: 242 lbs; GW: 150 June 26, 07- RNY, Seattle, WA Surgeon: Dr. J. Hunter
mariamahoa
on 10/3/07 4:22 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 08/23/07 with
Poor you. I have not experienced dumping but have seen the video. Not a pretty sight. Good heads up about family members who prepare food for you. You never know what is in their favorite receipe. Always good to ask. Glad you are on the mend. Take care, Gale
Most Active