An advocate for WLS died yesterday

Sim W.
on 9/27/07 11:01 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Sad news, Yesterday Cheryl Harvey died from a blood clot in her leg that caused an aneurysm. She was Canadian and lived in Hamilton. She was a very strong advocate for getting funds towards the WLS centre in Hamilton, Ontario. Her speaking out about the need for WLS was instrumental towards getting a million dollars for the centre. Her story was on Global news last night and they had been following her story for the past year so there are a few links on there showing her journey. I am cutting and pasting the link below. My heart goes out to her family and friends. http://www.canada.com/globaltv/national/story.html?id=71e2a22f-8c9e-4130-b3e0-99b3af97ff6e Sim
Laurel T.
on 10/1/07 4:14 am - Osoyoos, Canada
VSG on 10/22/07 with
Sim, had she just had her surgery? The article doesn't say when she had her surgery. I missed the news last night. I'm sorry to hear about this. Laurel
Sim W.
on 10/1/07 4:38 am - Vancouver, Canada
Hi Laurel, Yes she had the WLS a year ago and had lost over 100 pounds already. I go on the Ontario message board a lot and had read about her from them. Take care, Sim _______________________________________________________________________ Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead HW: 323 lbs; SW: 313 lbs CW: 243 lbs; GW: 150 June 26, 07- RNY, Seattle, WA Surgeon: Dr. J. Hunter
Sim W.
on 10/3/07 10:40 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Oops my mistake, it looks like she had her surgery in May of this year and had lost over 100 pounds already. According to Global TV she was nauseous all the time and died of a blood clot? It has been hard to find out more but there is a piece on last Thursday's Global news video about her callled Vital Signs. I do have to say that after watching that piece on her, it is a little one sided and makes it look like she died due to the surgery....I don't know if that is accurate or not? News tend to sensationalize things. Sim
Most Active