VSG August 23 Dr. Joya - I am so pleased with my surgery

mariamahoa
on 9/2/07 3:41 am - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 08/23/07 with
Well I am back home and settling into my normal schedule. I am down 14 pounds since my surgery and so happy that I made the decision to have the VSG. Dr. Joya and his surgical team, Nathilie his co-ordinator and all the staff at San Javier Hospital were great. I would go back there in a heartbeat. The downside was going to PV in the summer the humidity was 60 but I do think it helped with my weight loss. I went on a bus tour, sat by the pool, shopped, walked and went to the spa. It was great to lay by the pool and soak in the rays. I loved the people, the culture and Banderas Bay. I am not having too much problem with eating other than I am not fond of the protein shakes. I am following the Cornell University Diet for Gastric Sleeve as it seems more informative then the info I got from Dr. Joya and other sites. You can see it at: www.cornellweightlosssurgery.org/pdf/dietary_guidelines_sleeve_gastrectomy.pdf I am finding that my stomach is swollen and bloated. I have been trying on clothes that I was able to wear before the surgery but are tight around the waist now. I assume this will resolve itself over the next few weeks. I hope so. Anyone considering VSG check out Dr. Joya's website. He is awesome, professional and handsome too!! I love the new me, Gale..
janey-mae
on 9/2/07 12:50 pm - Victoria, Canada
Lap Band on 08/08/07 with
Congrats! I am glad you are home safe and sound. I also went to Dr. Joya on August 8. He was great, as was his staff. I was only in Mexico for 2 nights, but was very glad to get home and into my own bed! The flight home was a nightmare as it had way too many stops and took forever. I am down 32 lbs since the pre-op diet and am now into my next size down clothes! What a wonderful feeling. I feel like I have a band new life!
Sim W.
on 9/7/07 12:52 am - Vancouver, Canada
Dear Gale, I have to apologize for not repyling to your post earlier. Way to go and I am so happy that you did this. I found that my stomach and waist area were swollen and sensitive for a few weeks after the WLS. I remember even wearing pants that were too big with drawstrings but even they were hurting me after I wore them for a few hours. I wore pj's when I got home. Don't worry it will go away on it's own. You have a lot of air and gas in there right now so it will deflate slowly-LOL!! Don't forget to measure yourself to keep track as it will be a wonderful way to journal your journey and keep us posted on your progress. Take care Sim Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead HW: 323 lbs; SW: 307 lbs CW: 251 lbs; GW: 150 June 26, 07- RNY, Seattle, WA
Most Active