Possible VSG Surgery Mexico Dr. Joya

mariamahoa
on 8/9/07 4:42 am - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 08/23/07 with
Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can give me some info on VSG. Firstly does BC Medical cover this surgery. How does one go about getting medical insurance to ctravel to Mexico and cover this surgery should there be any complications? maybe I am thinking in case the surgery went terrible wrong what would I do? Would BC Medical cover additional surgery if I returned and had complications while in BC or would I be required to pay in BC. Appreciate any comments you may have. Maria Mahoa...
Elaine C.
on 8/24/07 1:51 am - Port Coquitlam, Canada
RNY on 03/17/08 with
I too asked what would happen if I had probs once I came back. And was told go to your doctor or emergency and they will send you to whoever you need to see. If I was having major probs I would go back to Mexico and see my surgeon. Hope that helps a little.
hollyyvr
on 9/10/07 12:46 pm - Canada
Hello there. I am thinking of going to have the sleeve surgery the first week of October in Mexico by Dr. Joya. I have been reading up on these sites and can't find too many negative things, only the heartburn for up to 6 months after. Anything you want to share? I am 38 and think this is the way to go! Thanks and good luck to you!
triciad
on 8/24/07 10:50 am - Canada
Lap Band on 09/03/07 with
Hi Maria: I just booked my surgery with Dr. Joya. I'm not sure what VSG is? I'm doing the lap band. Any complications when I return are covered under medical, but they could end up just removing the band rather than adjusting it if required, there are no guarantees. triciad
Most Active