Process for Lap Band Surgery

mariamahoa
on 7/26/07 8:56 am - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 08/23/07 with
Hi, I am considering lap band surgery in Mexico. I was originally thinking Serbia but have since changed my mind. I was also considering gastric bypass but have also changed my mind. From what I can gather since there is no funding in BC for Lap Band that I can just pay my own way and have the surgery where I choose. My questions are. Who would do my fills? is there anyone in Victoria? I assume I would have to pay for this myself? anyone know the cost? should I actually see a bariatric surgeon here before I travel to Mexico? Your feedback is appreciated and incase you think I have missed anything, by all means fill me in. Maria
Sim W.
on 7/26/07 2:19 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Dear Maria, This forum is so quiet these days. I don't know that much of the lap band questions as I had the RNY done. My suggestion is to go on Dr. Amson's support form and ask there as there are over 600 members and many live in Victoria as well. In case you don't know the site, it is www.victoriabariatricsurgery.com Good luck, Sim Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead HW: 333 lbs; SW: 307 lbs CW: 273 lbs; GW: 150 June 26, 07- RNY, Seattle, WA Surgeon: Dr. J. Hunter
(deactivated member)
on 8/5/07 10:00 am - Brampton, Canada
Hi, I had lapband surgery in Mississauga, Ontario near Toronto where I live. I do know alot of BC people including a friend on the Sunshine coast who had it at my clinic also. My band surgeon is great, Dr. Chris Cobourn at www.obesitysurgery.ca where he has a website and messageboard plus chatroom. He has trained nurses and doctors who are in cities across Canada who do fills. Recently he was out in Victoria to train a medical person to do fills for patients there. Best wishes wherever you end up. I know some people in BC who were also banded by NorthWest Weight Loss Centre I believe it is called, in Washington state. Donna Lapband/06 Revised from VBG/87 251/141/125 goal (almost there!)
Most Active