10 days post op

Lolo42
on 7/9/07 12:43 pm - Delta, Canada
I am very happy to find this site, I have learnt so much in the last 30 minutes just reading different posts. I had my lapband surgery done on June 28, 2007. I feel great and have lost 6lbs so far. I am slipping off the clear fluids already. I had green pea soup with crackers for supper. I chewed the crackers to mush, do you think I am hurting myself in anyway? Also did most of you have your first fill around 6 weeks? Who in BC does the fills, I didn't have my surgery here. Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance. SURGERY DATE: June 29, 2007 BEFORE WEIGHT: 210LB BEFORE BMI: 38.5 DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO PUT A WEIGHT TICKER TAPE IN HERE
christineLyon.Vancouv
er

on 7/9/07 5:03 pm - lyon, France
i haven't a band but about the cracker, may be it's better to dip them in your soup the oedem of the stomach depend of the person, just listen to your body, about the fill, of course i am not the better personn to answer but, friend of my support group have a band and the advise is to wait the stall before to fill ;) for the ticket go to the web site and just copy and paste the ticket cheers
Lolo42
on 7/10/07 12:39 pm - Delta, Canada
Thanks Christine Could you explain your response to me, I don't understand "the advise is to wait the stall before to fill ;)"
lillylilly
on 7/18/07 8:44 am - Canada
Jusr read your message, the clinic that did your lapband should have givein you instructions about the fill. You need to call them. I live in BC, had my lapband done in Mississauga July 11, just a week ago. I was told to keep track of my eating, call them after start solid foods, give information such as, am I still hungry , am I still loosing weight. They will acess you on the phone. Then send in a requisition to one of the nurses traines in your area. You then contact the nurse and make the appointment. Close to BC. There is a nurse in Vancouver BC. Galgary Alberta, and one being trained in Victoria. You need to call the place that did your surgery and get all this clarified. Good luck
Lolo42
on 7/20/07 3:26 am - Delta, Canada
Thanks Betty, I did get a list of fill centres but they are in the states. Do you know the name or contact info for the vancouver nurse?
Most Active