update on me

Sim W.
on 7/5/07 4:34 am - Vancouver, Canada
Hi everyone, Thanks for all your well wishes. I have finally turned the corner I think. I will be going to my home this Friday after being at mom's all week. I had a little scare on Sunday-Canada Day- Murphy's Law of course, and I landed myself at VGH emergency. My right leg went numb, it felt like rubber and was very tight. I had no feeling in it from the knee down to my ankle so I phoned the surgeon and asked them what I should do, they told me to get to the hospital right away as they thought it might be the onset of a blood clot!!! Well after several hours of anxious waiting due to the state of our medical system and doing blood tests, an xray, and an ultrasound they ruled out a blood clot and now they think it is a pinched nerve. When they did an xray they said my stomach was full of gas all the way down to my bum area. This was causing pain in my sides. What a relief, I was so scared while waiting for the tests and that night was very stressful and sleepless as I waited for the ultrasound results, I even dreamed of people coming to my funeral!! How crazy is that.!! The doctor told me to to get another ultrasound done next week to be on the safe side. I am slowly feeling better and getting more energy. I am walking the hallways in my mom's apartment several times a day for exercise and have been sitting outside on her patio for fresh air. I am down to taking pain medication once a day-before bed. They gave me permisson to use Gas-X (soft gels) which I cut open and pour into a tsp-(the liquid is only the size of a dime and it tastes like menthol) . This has helped with releasing the gas. It is getting less and less and my drainage from my ports is lessening as well. I am going for a follow up appt in Seattle next Wednesday to see the surgeon and dietician and then I get to graduate to soft foods if they give the okay. The good news is that I have lost 21 pounds this week, yahoo!! Take care and I will post again soon. Sim Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead HW: 333 lbs SW: 307 l bs CW: 286 lbs GW: 150 June 26, 07- RNY, Seattle, WA Surgeon: Dr. J. Hunter
(deactivated member)
on 7/5/07 2:37 pm - Victoria, Canada
Hello Sim, I am so glad you went to the hospital and got checked out. Definately better safe than sorry. I am glad you are feeling better and it is awesome that you have already lost 21 pounds. Way to go. And thank you again for sharing this with us. I really appreciate it. Janice
sharonspence
on 7/6/07 6:52 am - Canada
Hi Sim YOU GO GIRL!!! Glad you are doing well. Smart thing going to the hospital. Better safe than sorry. Pretty soon you will need to go out and buy all new cloths. Soon you will just walk by all the Plu stores and cloths. I know I`m looking forward to that day myself. I still have not heard from the Goverment. I`m holding out for No News Is Good News ! Take care of yourself and I`ll talk to you again soon. Sharon
christineLyon.Vancouv
er

on 7/9/07 10:41 am - lyon, France
don't have regret about your hospital day,a blood clot is a ticket with no return ... and yes it's the feeling of pinching don't forget,you eat a very small amount of food and you need lot of rest, in a soft food you feel better well but my advice buy clothes only at target ;) because you don't enjoy them long time some weeks i have lost 3 at 4 pounds cheers
Sim W.
on 7/9/07 10:57 am - Vancouver, Canada
Hi all, The good news is that I have so much clothes that did not fit me from before when I kept gaining weight so they are in my closet and I will be able to start wearing them soon I think. Some still have tags on them so I won't have to buy that much for a while. I may have to buy a few pants for the summer, we will see but I got an email from Penningtons that they are having their summer clearance of 60-70% off. I am going to try and hold off buying as much as I can but once I go back to work next month, I may need a few things. Take care and I will post again soon. Sim Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead HW: 333 lbs SW: 307 l bs CW: 282 lbs GW: 150 June 26, 07- RNY, Seattle, WA Surgeon: Dr. J. Hunter
Most Active