drs in bc

sammybak
on 7/1/07 1:19 pm - Burnaby, Canada
ARe there doctors in the Vancouver area that do Baraitric surgery. I live in the burnaby area and am in need of a doctor and don't want to have to go the states
(deactivated member)
on 7/2/07 1:14 am - Victoria, Canada
Hello Tammy, There is Dr Meneghetti but unfortunately he does not have authorization from VHA to do that type of surgery. So although the answer is yes, it's also no at this moment. None of us know when, if ever, he will actually do the surgery. There's also a few surgeon's that do Lap Band but it's self pay only. I believe Sim did the most logical thing in going to the States. Good luck in your quest. Janice
Lolo42
on 7/8/07 11:16 am - Delta, Canada
Check out my post in the yellowish board "Doctors in BC" it might help if a waitlist is what you are looking for. Dr. Menegetti did a hernia operation for me and I contacted them when I read this post and others about him doing lap band. He doesn't have authorization and won't for a while. Not sure what is taking so long.
Sim W.
on 7/8/07 3:14 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Dear Lolo, This is a long story regarding Dr. Meneghetti. VCHA is not authorizing him to do the WLS yet. It is the same song and dance that has been going on for years with oterh surgeons who came before him as well, they all the same response. If you are interested in knowing more, check out some of the older posts on here for more details. Sim
christineLyon.Vancouv
er

on 7/9/07 10:48 am - lyon, France
i am one years post op but in case of problem when i am in vancouver i would l like to have a name of a doctor who are use in sleeve !! cheers
Lolo42
on 7/9/07 12:10 pm - Delta, Canada
Do you find most Doctors are okay doing a fill when they aren't the original surgeon? What does it usually cost?
christineLyon.Vancouv
er

on 7/9/07 12:25 pm - lyon, France
i have a sleeve and i can't answer to you in france some people who take radio do the fills but i don't know in canada cheers
Most Active