Out of country approval

Sim W.
on 4/18/07 10:48 am - Vancouver, Canada
Hi everyone, Today I opened up my mail and I received a letter from Health Insurance BC and they have approved funding for Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery by Dr. J. Hunter is Seattle, WA. This was one of the places that I had researched a few months ago and found out that he has been doing the surgery there for 22 years at the Virginia Mason Medical Center. I can't believe it! I started to cry and shake. I am in shock. There is a god! Someone is taking care of me. Of course I still have to pay for scheduled appointments, travel arangements, accommodation and meals. They also say that MSP will not pay for drugs or supplies, but that's okay, I know this will cost me some money. That is a small amount compared to what I was going to do if I self paid. I wanted to share my news with all of you. Sim from Vancouver
(deactivated member)
on 4/19/07 1:25 am - Victoria, Canada
Hello Sim, This is fabulous news. I am so thrilled for you. It is also very encouraging to see that it can be done. Good for you for persisting and fighting for what you need. I am cheering for you and happily awaiting a future post telling us when you will be having the surgery. Yahoo for you Sim. Way to go. Janice
sharonspence
on 4/19/07 4:36 am - Canada
Hi Sim I`m so happy for you. I don`t post much anymore ( my own private pity party ) I do check the site everyday. I hope it all happens soon for you. Please keep us all infomed whats going on it will give us hope. I gave up the fight , but now you have given me what I need to get my fight back. You go girl. Take care Sharon
Suzi1
on 4/20/07 2:45 am - South Surrey, Canada
Hi there, I was really interested in your message that l read. I had the lap band done about 21/2 years ago and lost 200lbs. After l lost all the weight the band had slipped and Dr. Leung removed it. I have now gained 80 pounds back. I went to see Dr. Woodhead in Delta, and he was going to put in a new one when he called and said that he could not do it because he had a complication with another patient the week before. Talk about dissapointment. I am not sure what to do next. I called Dr. Arson in Victoria but his wait list for gastric bypass is 3 years. How did you manage to get the B.C., government to pay for your surgery? What process did you have to go through. Suzi1
Most Active