Out of Country ?

sharonspence
on 12/11/06 12:09 pm - Canada
Hi Everyone With the out of country forms, and say you get to go out of country , Who pays for it all ? Does MSP pay everything ? What do we have to pay ? Thanks for your time Sharon
zarah
on 12/13/06 11:06 pm - Kelowna, Canada
Hi Sharon, If you are approved for out of country a broker named Canadian Medical Services works with BC Healthcare to direct pay the surgeon so you aren`t out of pocket. I know of 2 people in the Kelowna area that had to pay around $1200.00 for dietician visits and some other things before surgery. The services were all done in the states and weren`t covered. They didn`t find out until after they were home. Make sure you check with the broker and find a surgeon that isn`t going to bill you for things not covered or see if any of it can be done in Canada. Sarah
Lori .
on 12/15/06 2:14 pm - Shuswaps, Canada
Hi Sharon, I originally considered out of country when my surgey in Canada was cancelled. Having waited for four years, I was thankful when it was put back on. The US surgeon I was considering arranged for preapproval with MSP so that I knew the total amount they would cover. I didn't finish the process so I don't know what I would have been out of pocket in the end, and I didn't pursue the details. From what I understand, many US surgeons will arrange the preapproval. I wasn't aware of any brokering service, which might have been a helpful option as well. Lori
Most Active