newspaper articles on WLS

Sim W.
on 11/20/06 1:32 am - Vancouver, Canada
Hi everyone, Well we are getting a little exposure out there, maybe not exactly the way we wanted but it is still good. This week's Sun and Province will post several articles on WLS and the need for it in a 5 part series in the local papers. Take a look and cut it out as we can use it for our advocacy work. At least some reporters are recognizing that is something to write about. I was thinking of this lawyer idea.....and I had a thought. Tell me what you think? If we can get everyone and I mean most people who are waiting for the WLS to chip in $100 towards the lawyer fees we could hire the lawyer for a really reasonable cost for each one of us. If we do the math and figure there is about 500 people waiting for Dr. Amson and who knows how many are waiting in the province and the lower mainland, we could raise a good chunk of money without breaking the bank individually and it is good representation for the lawyer as he/she would be speaking on behalf of so many of us. I don't know if people will agree or if it worth trying but it's just a thought. I am also in the process of checking out WLS in Washington- there are several clinics that provide the surgeries and it is close to home. My mom is calling today to check out how much they charge and then I will see if I can afford it and if it is worth researching. Does anyone have any comments about these clinics or heard anything? There were at least 8 of them on the obsesity help website. thanks for your help Sim
nizsal
on 11/20/06 2:16 am - Afghanistan
Hi Sim That sounds very good. Speaking for myself I do not mind $100.00. Sally
zarah
on 11/20/06 4:43 am - Kelowna, Canada
Hi Sim, I have taken the opportunity to write the editor in the Sun regarding our plight. I have named names of Dr.'s. I have named the Health Authority and told them of the letter campaign. I have written about the form letter sent out. I have told them of referrals that VCH wants them to proceed with even though they won't allow the surgeries. My hope is still that Dr. M. will be able to proceed. I am further hoping everyone will take the time write and take advantage of the publicity and write. Sarah
Most Active