considering Lap-Band Surgery

erin7866
on 11/3/06 3:21 am - Canada
Hi All, I am considering Lap-Band Surgery and was wondering if there is anyone from the lower mainland who has had the surgery locally and is willing to share their stories with me? thank you
sharonspence
on 11/3/06 10:09 am - Canada
Hi Erin I talked to Dr. M about the lap band surgery. The only problem with it is. You see the doctor regularly The band is filled with some type of fluid. You are always at the Doctors to have fluid added or removed. Things could get stuck in the band. So you have to see him to have fluid removed. Dr M told me that they don`t do it here( Vancouver ) but he hopes to do it soon. In other words not much of a chance of it happing any soon than the gastric by pass. The internet has a lot of good sites to look at. Sharon
Sim W.
on 11/3/06 10:47 am - Vancouver, Canada
Hi Erin, Take a look at the post below on the board asked by Mary Mackie on 10/12/06 where she asked the same question. You have to self pay and there are fills you have to do frequently. Hope that helps. The best advice I can give you is to do your homework and check out all procedures to see which one is best for you. At least you won't have to wait very long. Good luck and keep us posted. Sim
zarah
on 11/4/06 2:06 am - Kelowna, Canada
Hi Erin, Dr. Woodhead in Surrey does lapband. Your initial consult is $400.00. He also has a waiting list of 1 year to see patients for RNY even though they will not let him do them. Sarah
wyldangel
on 11/6/06 3:17 pm - surrey, Canada
Hi sarah, I live in surrey have you heard any positive things about this dr woodhead?
Most Active